• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my story

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:44 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 226 Total Views

Okay so I don't know about you all but I really need some help with all this.

Here is a little background about me and my weight.  In high school I was a size 1 to a size 3.  i weighed about 120.  Right out of high school I gained the "freshman 15" and went up to about 150 and in a size 7-9.  Well I had a friend that was doing Weight Watches and was losing a ton of weight.  So I would do it with her.  and I lost all my weight with in just a couple of weeks.  Well when I was 19 I married DH and within 3 months I was pregnant with our first.  After my first i gained 45lbs putting me up to 175, after my second I gained 10 putting me up to 185 (ouch I hate telling people that).  Thank goodness with my last I didn't gain anything.

Now I would just do Weight Watchers again, but I think it might be kinda hard  with a family?  IDK maybe?  But then also, I need to do more then just lose the weight I NEED to get back in shape.  You know like have a nice tummy again.  Can you do that with just dieting?

So that is why I started this group.  I really know nothing about all this.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LucasMama45
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I am trying weight watchers right now, I started yesterday but I am not 100% sure I am doing it right. I eat my points but at the same time I am wondering if there are rules that I missed, see I didnt join a friend from school copied the info and points finder for me so I would love to do this with you. I also went to meijer and got a 10 min pillates video for while the kids are tking naps. So if you need a buddy on this I am here!

darbie2008
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 12:09 PM

my best friend is on weight watchers she loves it before her baby she lost all the waight she had gained when she got marriend and since giving birth in dec she has lost pretty much all of what she gained. and to get the tummy back u have to do more then just diet u have to work out to. sad to say i was going to start going to the gym thismorning and i slept threw the arlam lol so tomorrow i will be going. i hat erunning but its the only way i will get all this weight off and i then hwen i start my stranght training ill be gaining some of it back but not in fat :) 

LucasMama45
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Quoting darbie2008:

my best friend is on weight watchers she loves it before her baby she lost all the waight she had gained when she got marriend and since giving birth in dec she has lost pretty much all of what she gained. and to get the tummy back u have to do more then just diet u have to work out to. sad to say i was going to start going to the gym thismorning and i slept threw the arlam lol so tomorrow i will be going. i hat erunning but its the only way i will get all this weight off and i then hwen i start my stranght training ill be gaining some of it back but not in fat :) 

I actualy started doing pillates for an hour a day...my body hurts but no pain no gain right
sandraberke
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 10:13 PM

my story-

in high school i was a size 2-4 got pregant right out of high school to a loser who left me but  thats anouther story. went from 105 to 205 back down to 115. got pregant the second time w/ my husband! went from 115 to 175. now i am down to 137. size 7-9. this size of the jean is not the issue its the dreaded baby pouch thing.

A Proud ARMY wife - Sandra B

Adelle
by Group Admin on Feb. 19, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Quoting LucasMama45:

I am trying weight watchers right now, I started yesterday but I am not 100% sure I am doing it right. I eat my points but at the same time I am wondering if there are rules that I missed, see I didnt join a friend from school copied the info and points finder for me so I would love to do this with you. I also went to meijer and got a 10 min pillates video for while the kids are tking naps. So if you need a buddy on this I am here!

Lol that is what my friend did for me too.  Except she told them she lost all her stuff and they gave her all new stuff :p

pannah
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2009 at 2:51 AM

this is my story...i have always been overweight.before my daughter I was 145 (im only 4' 11") size 9 pants. I got up to 175...then lost it all directly after having her.then by the time she was 6 months old i was up to 185!i don't know how that happened..everyone said breasfeeding was supposed to help you LOSE weight not gain it.it took me until my daughter was about 20 months to get back to my prepregnancy weight.and size although the 9's were a lot tighter but i could still wear them.then a couple weeks later i found out i was pregnant with my son.got up to 172 then when he was 6 weeks i was down to 156 but now i'm back up to 166 or so!i can't stand my body anymore...so i really need to start losing this weight and not gain anymore!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)