Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some suggestions and help....all advice is welcome!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:29 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 237 Total Views

Ok this might be a little wordy so please just bare with me for a minute.

I have been paying very close attention to the Anthony, Haleigh, and the short live Sandra case.  I don't know if it is because I am a first time parent and I want to be aware of what kind of sickos there are out there or what, but it has really been bothering me and helping me stop taking every day for granted. 

Anyways, the point is that I have been having a lot of sleepless nights because all I can think about are these poor children!  I talked to my mom about it this afternoon and she said that God is probably trying to send me some type of sign about what my "calling" in life is.  I woke up at 3 am this morning thinking about how these children really don't have a spokesperson JUST for them!  And before I woke up I had a dream that I was helping these children, I was a national spokesperson for all of the abused children, I met the president had a law passed...I mean all kinds of things happened in this dream.  It felt so real!!!!  I have never had such meaningful dreams like this until just recently, probably starting about 2 weeks ago.  There is an orphanage near my parent's home and my mom suggested seeing if I could do some type of volunteer work there, to see if it was something I would be really interested in doing.  Then she said that there used to be a person(s) that would volunteer in like legal cases (I am guessing), and they would literally be the spokesperson for these children.  You don't have to have certifications, your not a lawyer, not a judge, nothing like that, just a simple volunteer trying to I guess help children get there points across since some of us adults don't seem to really pay 100% of our attention to them. 

I guess my main question is, do any of you know of anyways I can help these children?  I feel like God is trying to have me help these children for some reason...because we all know that everything happens for some reason.  Plus I feel like there is something else I can do other than just sit back and watch.  I hope someone in here has some type of advice this is so important to me!

Thanks in advance for all of the suggestions or help you all have for me!  I really and greatly appreciate everything.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MADJGNLAW
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:49 PM

I completelyunderstand how you feel and I myself have been on a mission for a very long time. If you go to the missing children - Children's Right's thread you will see a petition I have had since last year. I have been to the Senate and have written every Senator and no major changes.  What I really am shocked about is that I posted this petition in 5 groups in total over 9000 members and have only over 100 signature. I will be going back to Washington D.C. this summer and hoping to bring along some fellow advocates, but we really need the signatures and I am shocked at how many people have ignored the petition.  But grateful to the ones that have.

Here is the post, I brought it over. All help is greatly appreciated!

I  have been fighting for Reforming  Children's Rights  for some time now. I have been to the Senate this past summer and passed along a petition for a "Bill" that I wanted introduced to 2 Senators. I was able to have the petition viewed by Senator Webb and Warner.   It was a very emotional and over whelming experience but the "General Petetion was accepted by two Senate offices and they have since emailed me to let me know that it is being  considered and that it is in the hands of the state, but that it would be considered a General Petition due to the fact that I was asking for so many changes, as we all know their needs to be. (So, in other words it's on their desk and when enough people come out and fight for this cause something may be done, they did pass a "Bill" this fall for Adoptive Parents, but their is a lot more to my Petition than that, The root is protecting the Children of America.

The Petition is in Washington D.C. but  we  need so many signatures. I went in with a little over 100 signatures, and I will return again this summer with a lot more I pray, I will not give up until justice has been served and our "Children's Rights" have been reformed. I invite you and ask for  your help in the journey.

There are so many cases of child abuse, neglect and adoptions gone bad. What is America doing to protect the children? NOTHING! There are many cases in the annals of crime history in which parents kill their children to escape the inconvenience, expense, and romantic hindrances. Casey M. Anthony (7 count indictment-homicide, waiting trial),  Cameron Brown , Nicole Diar, Diane Downs, and Susan Smith immediately come to mind. These parents did not  want the responsibility, but they are to selfish to let their child have permanency elsewhere. You have the children that are left alone, sexually abused, physically abused, mentally abused, unfed, unloved and CPS has a job to do, keep the children with their birth parents. The best interest of the children are not met.  It's all about who can gain what.  It is time for us to come together as a community and stand up for our children and let their voices be heard. Nobody is doing anything, we can not let this continue. We all need to stick together and put up a fight! The laws are not going to change unless we do something about it.  Their  may be people that are not in this situation but you never know if it is going to happen to you or a love one in the future, remember the children that are hurt today are the ones that are going to lead our country in the future. I urge everyone to take part in their own state make stand up for all the children.

Please visit the petition sites and show your support, this is not going to cost you anything,  we are not asking for money. We are asking for Reforming the laws that protect our children and their  rights. It will only take a minute of your time sign and pass this to everyone you know. Thank You  (MADJGNLAW)   "JACA"

"Justice for Alexus Caylee Act" http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/jaca-justice-for-alexus-caylee-act

http://www.gopetition.com/online/20403.html

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/3/children-should-have-permanency-whether-its-permanency-back-home-or-permanency-with-a-relative-or

sad

" Justice for Alexus Caylee Act"   http://www.gopetition.com/online/20403.html

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/3/children-should-have-permanency-whether-its-permanency-back-home-or-permanency-with-a-relative-or

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)