Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your cup!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:27 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 345 Total Views

This is my favorite cup, the one I decided to keep. It was a gift from a friend in college who got it at an art department yard sale. It is completely unique. I love that it has a big belly to hold lots of tea or coffee or whatever you're drinking. I like looking at the patterns on it and trying to decide what the artist did on purpose or if any of it was by accident and what the color combinations meant to them. It makes for interesting coffee drinking :-)

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemy3azboys
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Beautiful cup! 

I cant part with my cups as I use many of them in a day, I drink way too much coffee.  That & Im afraid if I have company over I would be short, I cant have that now LOL

FiberMama
by Group Owner on Feb. 15, 2009 at 7:05 PM

well here is what i did/do- I use my one cup all day. If i'm still just putting coffee in it, its not really dirty right? and then I kept one set of four cups that matches our dishware, so if we have company  they have something to drink from :-) So, one cup and one set :-)

wooly
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I just use the ones that came with my dish set.  My special cups I use for dpns, crochet hooks, small weaving tools, etc.   That way they won't get broken and i see them whenever I need something for a new project. 

FiberMama
by Group Owner on Feb. 18, 2009 at 11:33 AM

what a nice way to organize!

poisson
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I love your cup - what a Great Story!

I also love the idea of using special cups for other purposes.  I have a really cool cup that my dad just gave me.  It has an indian woman with a baby on it.  I use that to hold D.'s baby spoons & it is on the kitchen counter so I can see it everyday.

We have a set of coffee cups & then just a couple of extra ones that my BF likes to use.  I used to have a mish mash collection but I've gotten rid of most of those.  I don't drink hot coffee - I have to have them iced so I just use big plastic cups for that.  I have a set of bar glasses (pint glasses) that were collected over the years by me & my former roommate from our favorite bar which is closed now :(.  I got rid of all the others.  I love those glasses & use them all the time. I could probably get rid of a few of them & be fine but I don't know.  I really don't want to part with them in case some get broken.  Now that I am thinking about it though, I could box a few up & put them in a empty cabinet that is above the fridge that I can't really get to easily.  Not the same as totally getting rid of them but at least they wouldn't be filling up the overflowing cabinet that I do use.

FiberMama
by Group Owner on Feb. 22, 2009 at 1:42 PM

what about getting a curio cabinet and displaying them as a set? i feel like from a feng shui point of view storing something in a box hidden away just so it doesnt break creates dead space and negative chi and that you aren't getting any enjoyment from them out of fear of losing them. (that goes back to that whole attachment to desire thing ;-)) I would say either use them or display them, storing them is just wasting their potential.

aarkat
by on Mar. 2, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Quoting FiberMama:

what about getting a curio cabinet and displaying them as a set? i feel like from a feng shui point of view storing something in a box hidden away just so it doesnt break creates dead space and negative chi and that you aren't getting any enjoyment from them out of fear of losing them. (that goes back to that whole attachment to desire thing ;-)) I would say either use them or display them, storing them is just wasting their potential.

i like your way of thinking about this  : )

FiberMama
by Group Owner on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:33 AM

thank you, its the whole basis of my master plan LOL use it, find a place for it, or get rid of it. dead items are dead energy.

aarkat
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Quoting FiberMama:

thank you, its the whole basis of my master plan LOL use it, find a place for it, or get rid of it. dead items are dead energy.

and most of mine are from dead people....i see a trend developing...i better get rid of this stuff!

wooly
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I love stuff from dead people,I can think about what they used these things for, what they were thinking about when they used them, if they really cherished them or were they just a functional item for them.  For instance I have a Very Large Hoosier,I wonder ifthe housewife that got it saved up for it or was it a gift, how long she had to wait for it, etc. These were touted as the housewife's save-all from work in the kitchen and highly sought after when they came out.  My whole living area except for chairs and sofa are antiques.  I love the history of them.I wish I had things handed down from family members, we have a few things from my husbands grandmother, these I highly prize,because they are a part ofhis history.  So,I don't agree with the dead post.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)