Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi!

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:12 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 177 Total Views
Hi all, I'm new to the group!  I'm fairly new to the series, though I've been reading for almost two years now.  I'm only in the middle of Shadow Rising and have read the prequel New Spring as well.

Anyway, I'm a mom of soon to be 8, and we are always reading around here!  I not only read to the kids at night, but I also read to my honey as he plays his video games at night.  It started with me needing to read some really boring textbooks for class that I couldn't concentrate on.  So he told me to read it to him, that way I could concentrate better if I was reading out loud.  It progressed into me reading fiction books to him for pleasure instead of for school!  We are reading Eragon now and will read Eldest next.  Then I want to read him WoT!  He knows this is my plan hehehe

Can't wait to talk to you ladies some more!!

~Olga (32)

my honey Joe (29) and our crew Maksim 14, Tamara 13, Faith 8, Angelina 7, Isaiah 6, Mary 4, Julia 3, and gift #8 due Feb ‘08
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
melw1206
by Group Owner on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:55 AM
Wow - all of that reading out loud helps you with your diction and articulation I bet.  But - that is awesome that you guys have that something special to do, even when you are doing different activities.

I have read Eragon - not Eldest, yet, because I got back into WoT - I will read it after I finish book 12.  :-)  (I think I am on 9 now - Winter's Heart)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)