Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who Is Your Favorite Charachter/Who Makes Your Blood Boil?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 337 Total Views
My favorite charachter at this point is Elayne and Min. They both kind of remind me of myself. I like Min's approach to Rand too.

The Sul Dam are definately my least favorite people right now, though Sevanna and the Shaido are comming in a close second. I may be just spouting off my lack of knowlege of the books to come, but every time I read from these charachters' points of view, or the part where Egwene was damane.... I could hardly read it I got so mad LOL....

Anyone else have favorites or.... unfavorites??
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
melw1206
by Group Owner on Jun. 15, 2007 at 6:49 AM
Egwen and Min are my favorites.  Masema and Sevanna make my blood boil.  I won't go into detail for fear of spoilers.

I went to a signing that Robert Jordan had several years ago (I lived in his hometown for a while so I was fortunate) - and he said something interesting to my friend.  He stated that most women who hate Nynaeve are the women most like her.  :-D
dotgautier
by Member on Jun. 15, 2007 at 12:46 PM
I love Nynaeve! I didn't in the beginning, but she grew on me and we have an understanding now...lol.  I was extremely happy with Elaida. The things she was doing were making me so angry I couldn't put the books down. Not so much anymore and that is all I will say on the matter. The great thing about Jordan's writing is that through the books I have changed my mind on favorite heros and villains at least a dozen times but after reading them I really feel like these characters are my friends because of how involved I get in the story. It's kind of like the Never Ending Story except I don't get to call the shots... but I do yell at the characters! lol
jel_e_been
by Member on Jun. 15, 2007 at 11:29 PM
It's so hard to pick a fav..but if I had to pick one I think that Nynaeve is my favorite. Her temper cracks me up!! She is kind hearted yet firm in what she believes in. Her hatred for Morainne gets on my nerves somewhat though. The Whitecloaks (as a whole) burn me up. They are like versions of the KKK...grrrrr  I just wanna jump into the pages and slap em' around a bit. I don't want to say to much ..don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't read them all...Suin and the General have become two of my favorite people to read about..they crack me up. I love Matt too!!  OOOO...it's so hard to pick a fav!!!
lovinkaeli
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2007 at 11:04 AM

I love Egwene and Mat.  For some reason Faile drives me crazy.  I do not like her at all!!!

dotgautier
by Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:53 PM
I agree about Faile! But, if I have learned one thing about RJ's writing, it is that my opinions of characters can and probably will change at any time!
melw1206
by Group Owner on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:05 PM
I understand about Faile --- while I think she would be a great ruler, she drives me nuts with the way she treats Perrin.
dotgautier
by Member on Jun. 26, 2007 at 12:42 PM
You know I'm reading the last book SLOWLY, like a chapter a month as hard as that is... but it is funny what I said about Faile and how much a character will evolve from book to book. Still not a favorite but you do have to say something for the way she gets things done when they need to be.
sweetheart1985
by on Nov. 2, 2007 at 12:28 PM

My fave changes all the time.... but I still think Elayne is my top.... followed closely by Egwene.

So far, I'm NOT a big fan or Tuon.....

Group Owner - Dreams, Dreaming & What It Means
Group Owner - Intelligent Debates and Conversation

mommaofseven
by on Nov. 2, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Wow, I guess I'm the first with some really different faves....

My favorites are Avienda and Siuan.

I like Egwene and Nynaeve, too, but I don't care for Elayne. Although, the more time she spends with Avienda, the better. LOL!

For the males, I really enjoy Rand, Lan and Perrin.

Oh, I agree about Faile, too. A bit too....... feminist. LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)