Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Been gone "nesting"

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 230 Total Views
I haven't checked any boards for a while. I am due with this baby in less than two weeks and I've been in full nest mode.

Instead of doing school tomorrow we've decided to take a break until next week and enjoy the holiday. Tomorrow we will be making Easter eggs out of clay so we can paint them on Friday.

We just finished up a unit on ducks, which included the color white, the letter L and the number 12. We learned to waddle like ducks by crouching down and walking like that, while flapping our arms and quacking. I got some great video footage of that! We also took some cotton balls and stretched it out so they were feathery and then dyed them and glued them to drawings of ducks. We learned about the color white, and have had lots of white meal items the last few weeks. We learned what the letter L looks like and traced it in a tray of dry beans. We added 12 stickers to our counting book and drew 12 crescents (the shape we learned in our last unit). We read lots of stories, and a poem, a nursery rhyme, and a song. We've had a fun few weeks, but I'm ready to take a little break from school until after the Easter holiday. And then we will be starting a uniit on cars and trucks, rectangles, the letter M, and the number 13. We may or may not finish the unit before the baby comes.

Vanessa

Mom to Trevor, Savanna, Taylor, and baby #4 due April 22
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)