Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I make myself realise he's no good for me?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:12 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 344 Total Views

Hiya. This is a pretty long story. I'm a single mom to a beautifully intelligent 11 month old girl. Me and her father have been on and off for about 2 years now. Before I got preganant he cheated on me with his ex a few times and when I found out I was pregnant we decided not to be together. He split with his ex when my daughter was 2 months old and he said he wanted us to get back together. Stupidly I agreed and we moved in together when my daughter was 6 months old. It started off great but then the stress of living without our parents with a 6 month old started getting to us and we started arguing. He moved out a month ago but we agreed to try and make the relationship work with me living on my own with my daughter. I thought it would work but we're still arguing. We split up today. I know he's no good for me. He doesn't treat me how I want to be treated, some days are lovely but then other times he can be really moody and says some horrid things to me. This morning my daughter wouldn't drink her bottle so he put her down on the floor roughly and called her a f***ing brat. She's as good as gold. It broke my heart and I told him to get out and never come back. I told myself I never want to see him again because he is spiteful, lazy and just all round no good for me. My parents can't stand him and say I'm better off without him.

Now, the reason I've told you all this is because I want to know. Why am I sat here praying he'll call me? Why do I want him back even when he treats me and our daughter like we mean nothing to him? He's cheated on me, messaged girls saying he wants to sleep with them, he says horrid things to my daughter. What is wrong with me? Why can't I just keep him out of my life? Why is it that all he has to do is send me a text saying he's sorry and begging me to take him back and I cave? Please help me. Any advice would be really appreciated :)

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
laurah2010
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:22 PM

find a new father for your daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)