Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant and A-H1N1 Vaccine

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:27 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hey girls,

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and I have a friend who is 18 weeks pregnant. She asked me if I thought she should get the H1N1 vaccine because doctors are syaing pregnant women are at higher risk for contracting the virus. Has anyone heard anything about this? Has any pregnant women already got this vaccine? I am just a little iffy about getting it because its only like an experimental thing (the vaccine). They dont know the side effects of it, and I dont want to risk my babies life by getting a vaccine that could possibly get me and the baby sick, or even die. Please advice would be great!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Dara0820
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:34 AM

I'm 18 weeks pregnant...and I personally AM NOT getting it. You need to do alot of research on it love....I had it up in the air for a couple of weeks...and then just said eff it, I'm not getting it.

There are ways to try to avoid it IE:

Washing hands for 20 seconds, many times a day.

Not touchin eyes, nose, or mouth after coming on contact with stuff...

and you can also take Vitamin D3 to help strengthen your immune system just incase you were to get the swine flu....

Just do your research, like I said, I'm NOT getting it...but many people are going to give you their opinions...you ned to look stuff up on it and decide what is best for YOU and your unborn child..it's your decision, and your decision only. I Look at it this way, why get the shot when it can potentially ive me the swine flu anyways, when i can just try my best to aviod getting it by keeping good hygiene and washing my hands...and end up hopefully not gettng it. haha

keep us updated, and i wish you the best of luck in your decision, and hope you make the right one!

Dara0820
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:39 AM

bump

lorismomma
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:11 AM

i will not get it i refuse i dont get the flu shot either i make sure i wash my hands constanly and my dd as well she will not be getting it either it just came out and they want to inject pregnate moms with it first what the hell that doesnt seem right to me imo.  but whats really funny is when me and dd go to the store i wipe the cart with Wet ones and people look at me funny like im a freak cause i dont want my dd or me to get sick a lady yesterday laughed at me

KolbysMomma1
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Yea I was iffy about getting it. I really dont think that I will though. I have never gotten really really sick, I think its all a bunch of hype. I have never got a flu shot ever and ive been fine. Thanks for the advice girls!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)