Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnancy question

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:58 AM
  • 9 Replies

ok so i am 13w 5d and i am having problems with pants my jeans that i have now will be to tight in about a week or so.  So yesterday i went to try on preggo pants and my belly isnt quit hard enough at the bottom because the twins are up kinda high well i put the pants on and they pushed in my belly but it hurt so i decided thats not gunna work. do you have any ideas as to what i should do about pants  

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Did you try the pants with just the waistband? At MotherHood Maternity they have "full belly" ones that come all the way up, that way nothing is pushing on your belly.

Schleetle
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:00 AM

I use the bella band they have them at Target called BeBand there... Anyway I just leave my reagular jeans undone, and put the band over them. It works pretty good most of the time.

Pregnancy Ticker

lorismomma
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM

ya i went to motherhood and tried just about every pair they had its just one twin is lower then the other one and so it hurt.  the waist band one that are like regular jeans they didnt have any in stock in the right size

SuprMom08
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM

RUBBER BANDS!  I had to!  wrap it through the button hole first, then around the button itself

It'll keep your pants up, and it will keep you from having to buy pants so soon!

doulala
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM

During my pregnancies I was worked at places where I had to wear skirts (my own, so I could choose style), but I would get long ones (w/elastic waistbands) and hike them over my belly and wear a shirt/sweater over top.   Not pants, but a comfy option, too.  

;-)

• We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.                                                                      ~Harm
  • Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.                                                                       ~Einstein
  • To know the way ahead, ask those coming back.  ~Chinese proverb

kris10_s
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I have/had the same problem! I dont know how comfy you would find it but i bought jeans and pants that fit me well, and then i just either folded the panel down or pushed it down below my belly. I couldnt stand having anything on my stomach it just made it look more like rolls than a baby bump. Then i just wore like long shirts or tanks under shirts to cover the panel.

rebeccasmommy09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:11 AM

When I was just starting to outgrow my pre-pregnancy jeans, I would leave them unbuttoned and use a rubber band to keep them up. When I started buying maternity pants, I found the under-belly pants were great for when you were just starting to show. Once my belly got bigger, the full panel, or secret fit (I believe that's what Motherhood called it) were the most comfortable. The under-belly is also great for post-pregnancy while you're waiting to get back into your regular pants.  

CafeMom Tickers

MamaArtist77
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I used belly bands over my regular (unbuttoned) pants for awhile and they worked.  Here is a link: http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=930660111&MasterCategory_Id=MC32j

I also did the rubber band trick, thread through the pants button hole then around the button.

BaileynMe
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Take a hair elastic and loop it over the button, through the button hole, and back over the button. It gives you a little extra room. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)