Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another head lice question

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM
  • 3 Replies

Ok, so a week ago last Friday I found live head lice on my daughter.  I have done the RID treatment twice, and also a treatment that is all natural.  I have cleaned my house from top to bottom 3 times.  My question is:  since that Friday, I haven't seen any more live ones, but everyday I continue to find eggs.  Is that normal?  What more do I need to do?  Im getting really close to shaving this poor girls head just to not have to deal with this stressful stuff anymore.  Thanks for the help!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BaileynMe
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Do you have a nit comb? It's a really fine-toothed comb to help get the eggs out. 

You could try a prescription shampoo. I had lice when I was a kid (a bunch of kids I went to church with brought it back from camp) and that's what we used. I've heard a lot of ppl complain about the strength of the stuff, but it didn't bother me. I was like 11. I don't have super sensitive skin though either. 

Basically with the eggs you just have to keep picking them out till the lice are gone.

redsoxfan607
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:51 AM

use the gel egg remover from rid or any of them and just keep combing. Sometimes you have to sit there and use your fingernails strand for strand and pull them out that way. It can take a long time.  

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:13 AM

I sat, night after night picking them from my daughters hair.  The comb didn't cut it. They are so hard to see you need a good light around when you do it too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)