Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter keeps dragging my kitchen chairs along the floor

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:27 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hi ladies-

My daughter is 6 months old and is just starting to crawl and move around.  She has a new fascination (unfortunately) with my kitchen chairs. She grabs the legs and tries to use it to move or pull herself up.  I tried tying the legs to the table, but that doesn't really help. My floors are getting all scuffed up! I was playing around online yesterday and came across Lowboz.com.  Its basically fancy tennis balls to put on the bottom of chair legs to protect your floors. I like them because they come in different colors so it blends in with my furniture. I got them for my piano bench as well.  I just figured Id pass along this site because Im sure others have the same problem.  I found a 15% off coupon online so that helped. 

Lisa

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SuprMom08
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:35 AM

buy her one of those walker things...my baby loves his!

Musical Activity Walker
This is the one we have, it is great for hard wood floors!  It doesn't just slide everywhere. It really helps them keep their balance on those slick floors

LisaMPNJ
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:44 AM

unfortuntately she finds chair legs to be so much more entertaining than the walker.  I don't understand it.  At least I don't hear the scratching noise anymore. 

BaileynMe
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM

You can buy little felt buffers for the bottoms of the chair legs that keep your floor from being scuffed. It should be in the housewares or hardware department. They're little felt circles. 

http://www.google.com/products?client=safari&rls=en&q=chair+leg+pads&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=V0HTSqzmHZCxtgfQ_fT5Aw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCwQrQQwAw

Lots of options there. I think most of these are ACE hardware links, but you can find them at other stores. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)