Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how may christmas presants should a..

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM
  • 9 Replies

4 yr old get?? what kinds thing for a girl..she doesnt say what she wants or anything.. how much would you spend? same thing for my 2 yr old girl and she will be 11 month when christmas gets here..what should the get get how much do you spend?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hailnbray
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM

we normaly do 1 big item which is about 70 then a bunch of little things. we have a 300.00 limit per kid

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

SuprMom08
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

for your 4 year old - i'd just get her a bunch of dollar store toys (spend like $50) and put each toy in a different bag or box.  At her age, she just wants stuff to open - the more stuff she can tear open, the more fun she will have.

Your 11MO,  She will hang around for one present - maybe two if your lucky!  After you open the first toy - she will want to play with that the rest of the time and you will get to open her gifts. She may come back later to find another toy you have opened for her - but that is about it.

I'd get bouncie balls, and big legos, and a princess chair or one of those small bean bags and stuff to color with and stuff to play dress up -

but your mommy - you know what she likes :)

justgrape723
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I don't do it per gift I do it per $$ amount. and it can vary from year to year depending

mysteriousmom06
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I don't think there is a certain number of toys that are needed. We usually spend about $200, I try to find one larger toy, usually around $50 or so, then a bunch of littler things & stocking stuffers.

sheena20
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:11 AM

you know what i have never thought about doing that with the dollar store..that woudl be a good idea since money is stapped this year..!

Quoting SuprMom08:

for your 4 year old - i'd just get her a bunch of dollar store toys (spend like $50) and put each toy in a different bag or box.  At her age, she just wants stuff to open - the more stuff she can tear open, the more fun she will have.

Your 11MO,  She will hang around for one present - maybe two if your lucky!  After you open the first toy - she will want to play with that the rest of the time and you will get to open her gifts. She may come back later to find another toy you have opened for her - but that is about it.

I'd get bouncie balls, and big legos, and a princess chair or one of those small bean bags and stuff to color with and stuff to play dress up -

but your mommy - you know what she likes :)

gmarose
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:15 AM

it is not how many toys you can get her. she's 4 what does she like to play with. I have a four year old grandson (be 5 in three weeks) , he loves cars planes and tyrains books and the wii of course. If you get her a big toy make it educational and fun does she like the stuff for computer (kids) taht would help her learn or beginner barbies 4 ur olds love them don't go whole hog though. Christmas is not the time to go in debt just for toys. I'ld go with just a few things that are special and she wouldn't normally get throughout the year. the 11month old will  most likly play with the paper and boxes and bows! get him the age apprpiate toys  they love rag dolls and anything that makes noise fisher price has cute stuff out for both ages. try a teaset for the 4yr. old but please go with what you can afford. Christmas is about the celebration of Christ and loving and family not how much can I get. Please  don't teach your children the "gimme" lesson. They will be happy just seeing the presents. talk to your hubby see what you have to spend on each child and stay within your means. there were christmas when my kids were growing up that we didn't have much but manage to get a few things they were happy with those. Kids get so much that they never play with it all. I would also take the oppertunity to "weed" out what they don't play with and donate it to a  family shelter in your area. Remember the reason for the season.

smile miniGrandma rose

sheena20
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM

I know we spent alot of money that when we only had the 4 yr old and now 2 yr old but now we have the 11 month old..i dont think that she should get but like 4 things max b/c her b-day is only a  month after that..and my yr old shes into barbies now..and my 2 yr old love to play house!! i dont want to teach them thats what happens on crist b-day**even though im not that religose*sp* and all ya know

Quoting gmarose:

it is not how many toys you can get her. she's 4 what does she like to play with. I have a four year old grandson (be 5 in three weeks) , he loves cars planes and tyrains books and the wii of course. If you get her a big toy make it educational and fun does she like the stuff for computer (kids) taht would help her learn or beginner barbies 4 ur olds love them don't go whole hog though. Christmas is not the time to go in debt just for toys. I'ld go with just a few things that are special and she wouldn't normally get throughout the year. the 11month old will  most likly play with the paper and boxes and bows! get him the age apprpiate toys  they love rag dolls and anything that makes noise fisher price has cute stuff out for both ages. try a teaset for the 4yr. old but please go with what you can afford. Christmas is about the celebration of Christ and loving and family not how much can I get. Please  don't teach your children the "gimme" lesson. They will be happy just seeing the presents. talk to your hubby see what you have to spend on each child and stay within your means. there were christmas when my kids were growing up that we didn't have much but manage to get a few things they were happy with those. Kids get so much that they never play with it all. I would also take the oppertunity to "weed" out what they don't play with and donate it to a  family shelter in your area. Remember the reason for the season.

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:43 AM

Do whatever you see fit.  There are no right or wrong answers.  My kiddos get a ton at Christmas.  They usually have anywhere from 30-50 stocking stuffers.  (I usually fill a laundry sized basket...unwrapping these keeps them busy until family arrives to see them when they first see the piles under the big trees...)  I would say my children have never had less than 30 items under the tree from us, and many years upward of 50.  Whether you do 3 or 30 or more....just enjoy the day with your children and be thankful for what you have.

As to what we spend on the kids, it varies year to year.  Last year was roughly 3300 on each child.  Some years have been less.  Others a bit more. 

lapcounter
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 7:54 AM

We do not have a set number or an amount we spend on our children. If I see something I like or that I know they will like I buy it for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)