Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I CRAZY?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:39 AM
  • 12 Replies

So I had my baby boy 15m ago. He was my 10p 8oz baby at birth also born with a tooth! A week after I had himI bled out! I lost 50 to 75% of my hole tire body of blood! They told if I was in my 30's I would have passed away! They had no idea what went wrong with me . Maby my son was to big. Yes I did have him natural. I labored for 9 hours and pushed for 45 min. He is my first baby maby my labor went to fast!I am really scared to have another baby but my son was worth it!So I really want to have another baby but I don't want to leave my husband with 2 kids!  Should I be thankful with one? Or should I try for another one? I fell like everthing will go fine but u never no. Has anyone had this problem? What would u do? PLEASE HELP!  Also I had one more question! Sense my son was big! Will my next one be even bigger?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuprMom08
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:40 AM

every pregnancy is different -
I'd talk to your doctor and see what he/she says

mna_823
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Quoting SuprMom08:

every pregnancy is different -
I'd talk to your doctor and see what he/she says

I agree.

Iluvjandkplus8
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM
I had a rough delivery with my first. The nurse came to check me and had the finniest look on her face. She said it was strange because she couldn't feel the bab's ears. I of couse start freaking out thinking he didn't have ears:) It ended up being a hematoma (sp)- large blood clot thing. I lost a lot of blood and my BP oc ouse dropped drastically. Anyway, with my second it was TOTALLY different. I had a wonderful labor and delivery. I could have been on the Baby Story:) Hopefully your Dr. will be more aware and watch you more closely for possible problems. Good luck!
Mz.Coop
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM

I did talk to them and they can't say if it is going to happnen agin! So what would u do?

allurasmamma
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM

This happened to my mom after she had her last. They found cancer in her  ovaries. And then had to get a hysterectomy. She miscarried a baby after the last baby. I wish you the best of luck. I would talk to a dr. and see what they think. Get different opinions also.

***   WHO'S WAR IS IT ANYWAY? ***

lillysmomma124
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM

i would talk to your doc about this.. it maybe ok, but they might want you to think about haveing a c-sec with your next if you baby is that big agian

Lilypie
allurasmamma
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I would wait until your health is at the best. I dunno thou I am torn. You have a lil girl. Ever think of adoption? I would be scarred shitless. GL mamma!

All my love, All my life.

Madison,clayton,allura.

All my love, All my life.

Mz.Coop
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Thank u so much!

wilesmomma
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Well me personally would try. But that's because I'm stubborn and we are ttc right now so I am coming in with a bias. But I don't know. I have two girls now and I couldn't ever imagine my life without either one. I would talk with your DH about this and maybe just see where things go. If it happens then good for you, but if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Karowyn
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:05 PM

If your doc said e didn't know why you bled out the first time, I would first of all get a different OB.  Get your files, take them to the new doc and get his /her opinion.  To me it doesn't sound like it was a pregnancy problem but a problem with how you were sewn up, sometimes that can happen too if they do not get all of the placenta, and other stuff out of you.  Ten pounds is big, but there have been bigger babies born faster than ten hours.  Talk to a new OB...i hate to sound paranoid but I would guess that your old doc screwed up when you gave brith and then covered up by saying, "we don't know why you bled out", if they really couldn't figure it out right away they would ahve been doing a crap ton of tests to find the problemand make sure it didn't happen again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)