Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should/can he do??

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

a few weeks back, my brother was driving his work truck. he wasnt paying attention and thought he had plenty of room to back up.. he was wrong and ended up denting the side of the truck...

he went to his boss immediatly and told him what happened. he told him that he would pay if he needed to. his boss told him that the deductible was 500 bucks and he would let him know what he owed after he got it into the shop.

well, today.. his boss comes to him and says that insurance will pay for it, the deductible is 500 and that he will pay that and that my brother is responsible for 700 more.

now... if insurance was picking it up, and the deductible was 500 bucks, wouldnt that mean the 700 is covered? does this sound shady to you? my brother was fully expecting to pay the 500 deductible, it WAS his fault, but.... this just doesnt add up.

is there anything he can do? (obviously talking to his boss, but im sure you can imagine how nerve wracking that must be)

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SuprMom08
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM

I would just have him ask his boss.  have your brother tell him that he must have misunderstood and that he thought the insurance was covering everthing and he was taking care of the $500 and why is he paying $700 if insurance is covering it.

Plain and simple.

newjerzymom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Your brother should ask to see receipts and say that he'll pay the balance after insurance has paid.  That should be just the deductible.  If it seems shady (which it does) your brother should just come out and ask about it.  If your bothers boss isn't being legit he will answer what ever questions your brother has with no problem.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with your brother asking straight forward questions if he is concerned.  It's business, not personal. 

rpowers12
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I would definately ask questions. Have reciepts for everything your brother pays for and a witness other than the boss. He could try to get crooked here. Maybe the insurance only covers and amount up to a certain amount and it has gone over that amount. Ask questions. Definately. Maybe even ask to call the insurance company to ask questions. If your brother has insurance I think his covers it. Have him call his insurance company.

ToriBabe1221
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:02 PM

thanks.

i totally agree. just wanted to make sure i wasnt the only one who thought it sounded off.

i think my brother is afraid of losing his job. unfortunatly it seems his boss is the type to play favorites, and my brother isnt exactly at the top of his list....

hopefully all will work out for the best :)

nurbabe82
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM

if it were me i would be asking to see paper work indicating the cost of the repairs and  what the ins. co. isn't covering before i paid anything out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)