Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need your help or ideas!! ( Embarrised )

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

i hope i'm posting this under the right group.   sorry!!    ok, i have these nasty, embarrising skin tags on my neck and on my forehead. I've been told by a dermatologist that he could remove them but it would be pricey and my insurance might not pay for it because i have caresourse. There really embarrising and bother me alot. I was wondering if any of u have this prob. and is there anything u can buy and put on them and they would fall off. You know kinda like u do with a wart or something like that.  

Thanks girls!!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluemist246
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:51 PM

bump

Mom to Daniel 9/13/08               

Doula in training!                   Blessed Be

alwaysyoung
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Quoting bluemist246:

bump

BaileynMe
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:54 PM

You could TRY freezing them off yourself with the Dr. Scholl's wart remover or something like that. I'm not gonna guarantee it will work, but it's worth a shot. 

lcbowman
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Quoting BaileynMe:

You could TRY freezing them off yourself with the Dr. Scholl's wart remover or something like that. I'm not gonna guarantee it will work, but it's worth a shot. 

Don't waste your money.  Skin tags are not warts, they are closer to the mole family.  Sorry I know of no other way to have them removed than at the doctors office.  I have had a couple removed, it was not bad, barely felt it.  I would consult with my insurance company on if it would be covered, you never know until you ask.

monseymom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I have one on the middle of my back but it doesnt bother me so I'm not going through the hassle of removing it. Sorry I couldnt be more of a help

starrynight819
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I know this sounds bad, but you can clip them off with a SANITIZED nail clipper. (just rub some rubbing alcohol on it)

It doesn't hurt, more like a bad pinch. I've been removing them from the insides of my thighs since I carried my daughter, and now that shes born they are starting to go away.

They'll bleed a lot though, (for such a small wound) so get a styptic stick, or just use a lot of tissue!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Jaimielee317
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM

you can also try getting some string and tieing them off really tight and they will eventually fall off.  I have skin tags also, i'm to scared to slip them lol.

gallo
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:40 PM

They can be snipped off at home, or there is a sterile string you can get to tie them off.  I'm not sure what it is called, but it looks like dental floss.  If you tie them off, they lose circulation and eventually fall off.  Snipping them barely hurts, but they do bleed.  I had one and asked my doc about it casually.  She said, "Oh, I can snip it for you", like it was no big deal (no charge either....).

AuntieV
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:45 PM

This really sounds gross but it does work. Take a sewing thread and tie it around the tag as tight as you can. Then clip off the extra thread. You need to leave it on there till the skin tag and thread fall off. The thread cuts off the circulation in the tag then it falls off on its own. It usually takes a week or so but is much better than clipping it off and bleading all over the place. 

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....
since it's in English, thank an American Soldier!"

Auntie V
mhmomma
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I have heard of people doing this and it working.  The only problem with skin tags is they always grow back.  Good luck

Quoting AuntieV:

This really sounds gross but it does work. Take a sewing thread and tie it around the tag as tight as you can. Then clip off the extra thread. You need to leave it on there till the skin tag and thread fall off. The thread cuts off the circulation in the tag then it falls off on its own. It usually takes a week or so but is much better than clipping it off and bleading all over the place. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)