Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Me and my 2yr old are sick!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:16 PM
  • 2 Replies

Okay, so im pregnant pretty much do anytime now, and i have a really bad cough and runny nose.. I also have a 2yr old who has a REALLY bad cough and runny nose. My 5yr old gave us this bug or whatever it is, she was tested for the flu and she tested negative so thats good.. But i dont know what to do for me and my 2yr old. I have been taking tylenol cough and cold and its not helping, and i have been giving my 2yr old tylenol and motrin and its not helping... Should i take us to the doctor today or just ride it out... My 5 yr old is better now, it took about a week for her to get all the way over it.. Any suggestions??

Thanks, shawna!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Jynnifer292
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM

If you have fever or feel like the congestion is in your chest, I would go get checked out. Better to do it and not need to than not do it and wish you had. I hope you feel better.  

We are all shades of gray. It’s been said again and again; life’s a process. We are fleeting moments that come and go, and I am grateful to have my time, my aspirations and my mistakes, my flaws and my abilities. Think of me what you will, but before you do, don’t. Alexander William Gaskarth

mlbrooks421
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:32 PM

I am 34 weeks pregnant and my 18 month old and I are sick, too. We don't have fevers, just runny nose, soar throat, and coughing. We are riding it out.

I am putting Baby Vicks on my son before bed and he has a humidifier in his room. We aren't taking any meds, though because we aren't running fevers.

Hope y'all feel better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)