Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what did you want to be??

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM
  • 20 Replies

what did you want to do or "be" befor kids? im 22 yrs old and i have 3 kids..I wanted to model..and now i look at me and i just laugh b/c i know its not going to happen now..i dont have the body nor the looks now to be able to do it...i always thought at 22 i would be in school and be doing something with my life  now instead of worring about what time i gotta be in class or what photo shoot to be at or what i was doing on the weekends..now im changen diapers make bottles and take my oldest to school and going to work..does life ever plan out the way we wat? dont get me worng i LOVE my kids and my Dh more than anything sometimes i just wounder what it would be like if my life would have been the other way around..i didnt finsh school i gpt prego at 17..dropped out was living on my own going to work..im guessing these are just one of my down days..what did you want to do befor kids?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamad122
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I didn't have much of a plan. I would have gone to college and I hoped to be a free lance graphic designer in NY. My parents never would have let me go though lol! Instead, I got married at 18- 6 weeks after high school graduation and I got pregnant just a couple months later. I am now nearly 21 and expecting my 2nd just a month after my birthday. I work full time as a secretary and own my own graphic/web design business. I guess I got a little of both worlds.

Don't feel down about yourself, you're looking pretty darn good!!

Pregnancy Ticker

in love    toddler girl  expecting boy

dreamerinluv
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM

I was a nerd as a kid......but I always wanted to be a child Psychologist (personal reasons...rough childhood) I went as far as doing only one year in college for psychology but then got preggo and couldnt go back....I still want to finish my psychology major...maybe I will try some of those online classes .

submissive09
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I think you make your own choices. You could have stayed in school. You could have taken birth control, or not have sex at all. I had dreams of becoming a children's physical therapist. Well I dropped out of school. Got pregnant at seventeen. I was foolish with BC. Oh well. I am 27 now two boys and married. I guess I chose to be a sahm and I love it. I would not change it. I know deep down that this is what I want to do. Babies and kids gotta love them.

WAH_Mama
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I wanted to be an emergency room RN but i had my first baby at 17 and now at 19 I am expecting #2 and i work at home with a simlar job geared to helping people and also it has to do with the medcial field. I wouldnt go back and changed it though. I love being a mom and i think that things happen for a reason.

rachelmm007
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:32 PM

i wanted to be an ultrasound technician. its still going to happen...just delayed by 6 years! lol

th78
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:33 PM

i originally wanted to be a model also...which i did do some of but not big scale. but mostly i wanted to be a forensic pathologist. never got anywhere near that goal. and never will. but thats okay. im kewl with where i am at.

nurbabe82
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Quoting WAH_Mama:

I wanted to be an emergency room RN but i had my first baby at 17 and now at 19 I am expecting #2 and i work at home with a simlar job geared to helping people and also it has to do with the medcial field. I wouldnt go back and changed it though. I love being a mom and i think that things happen for a reason.

if you don't mind me asking what is that you do? i have a medical background and would love to do something from home.

nurbabe82
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:35 PM

i never really knew what i wanted to do when i was younger. i have always had the best time working jobs that i knew i would never get anywhere with but i had fun. i pursued a career that my parents pushed and if i had it to all over again i would have defintely done something different what idk. 

sheena20
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I WAS on BC it was the patch witch is now recalled for that reason and i had to move out and get a job..my wasnt happy i was 17yrs old

Quoting submissive09:

I think you make your own choices. You could have stayed in school. You could have taken birth control, or not have sex at all. I had dreams of becoming a children's physical therapist. Well I dropped out of school. Got pregnant at seventeen. I was foolish with BC. Oh well. I am 27 now two boys and married. I guess I chose to be a sahm and I love it. I would not change it. I know deep down that this is what I want to do. Babies and kids gotta love them.

olivejuicebby
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Well, im 21 and my son Aidan is 13 months old. I always wanted to get married, and have children. And be able to stay home with them. I am very lucky that my husband has a job that I am able to do that. 

I also wanted to go to college and became a ultrasound tech. maybe one day, who knows!

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)