Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh the joys of TTC

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM
  • 19 Replies

It's time for me to give up coffee. Not caffiene, mind you... coffee. It's my step 1 to getting rid of, or at least lowering, my caffeine intake. But for today, My pot-o-coffee is my best friend. Good bye coffee...

What was the hardest thing for you to let go of when you were TTC or pregnant?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2MonstersxMommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM
I am there!! lol I miss pop!! I have 1-3 a day and I have to completely X it out to stay as healthy as possible:( God Bless:)
milmiracle
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I really don't give much up since I don't overstuff but as soon as those baby hormones kick in they know what to do.

dosthepost
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:03 PM

My goal is to get down to one soda with breakfast (to get me going) and then one with dinner, or lunch whichever. So two cans a day.

Quoting 2MonstersxMommy:

I am there!! lol I miss pop!! I have 1-3 a day and I have to completely X it out to stay as healthy as possible:( God Bless:)

ArmyWifey4907
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I'm not really having to give anything up.  I drink coffee, but it's only 5-6 cups A WEEK, and we've already cut a lot of soda out of our diets, one 12 pk will last me and DH a couple of weeks.

cindinoell
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Caffeine all the way. That's my downfall.

dosthepost
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I've been a coffee drinker since 12, but I had a MC, even after cutting to one cup a day (I'm not sure that the caffeine caused the MC, you can never know, but after a MC you can never be too careful either). So now I'm getting ready to just abolish it completely, LOL.

Quoting milmiracle:

I really don't give much up since I don't overstuff but as soon as those baby hormones kick in they know what to do.

mna_823
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I gave up coffee, and soda, as well as junk food.  It sucked, but I've picked the habits back up and need to cut down again.  Not because I'm TTC, just so I can lose my last bit of baby weight and be healthy.

milmiracle
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Quoting dosthepost:

I've been a coffee drinker since 12, but I had a MC, even after cutting to one cup a day (I'm not sure that the caffeine caused the MC, you can never know, but after a MC you can never be too careful either). So now I'm getting ready to just abolish it completely, LOL.

Quoting milmiracle:

dos I have a learning disability and am having the hardest time understanding u.  I think u r saying something but I understand another thing and oh well I guess we'll talk. 

maryjanecupcake
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 10:56 PM

cigarettes are THE hardest thing to give up when you find out you're pregnant!

CafeMom Tickers
nessy1980
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 11:09 PM

When I was trying I gave up caffeine too once I quit caring and didnt think about it I didnt give up anything. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)