Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can you moms answer a question about a MAYBE ear infection? PLEASE!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:42 PM
  • 5 Replies
HELLO!!!! WELL MY DAUGHTERS HAD THIS COLD FOR ABOUT.. 3 WEEKS NOW!!!! HER NOSE AND BOOGERS ARE NON-STOP!!!! WELL THE PAST TWO DAYS I NOTICE HER STICKING HER FINGER IN HER EAR ALOT AND SHE WAKES UP MORE.... SHES GRUMPIER, AND MORE IRRITABLE... BUT NO FEVER, WITHOUT A FEVER COULD THIS STILL BE AN EAR INFECTION?
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kristinas8
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Yes, it can, but its really hard to tell without taking her in to the pediatrian. My 5 yr old went through so many ear infections but not once did she have a fever. They ended up having to give her antibiotic shots, and if that hadn't worked it would have been tubes. 

CafeMom Tickers
sweetiepie76
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

I believe it's possible.  If I recall my niece had an ear infection last year but didn't get a fever.  If she's been sick for 3 weeks I would call the doctor.

kristinas8
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Plus, if its been 3 weeks without clearing at all, then she either has a sinus infection or allergies. 

CafeMom Tickers
dusky_rose
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:48 PM

If you suppect an ear infection you can either call the doctor's office or just bring her in.

ta2dirishlass
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Any time you have drainage, you can possibly have an ear infection. I would take her in and have her looked at if at all possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)