Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Letting god shoose how many babies you have like the duggars.. (crazy?)

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM
  • 52 Replies
am i the only one that finds this insane, i dont care who u are or what god u beleive in but if you just let it "happen" your gonna have alot of kids, until you obviously go through menopause. if everyone did this our world who be double the size, im glad some of us beleive in common sense lol.
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
I_love_my_girls
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Nut jobs, in my opinion.

God doesn't get you pregnant. Sex gets your pregnant. 

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?"    - Epicurus

julieobug
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM

OK so first of all not all families that have alot of kids are crazy...I am from a family of 11 kids I am the oldest...things get really crazy but I have seen my parents go through a lot and even when they tried not to get pregnant they still did and the insurance that they had didn't cover getting sterilized and obviously they could not afford it on their own even with only 3 of us...so I would go around saying that they are all crazy. By the time their insurance would cover it they had 11. My mom nearly died with number 10 and they still wouldn't cover it. But when they had proof that they were trying to not get pregnant and they still did the insurance finally covered it. I mean they did everything from pills natural family planning and everything in between...my youngest brother is 6 months older then my oldest son. I do think that if you don't try to not get pregnant you are pushing it a little bit I mean if you don't believe in BC then do natural family planning...my point is that they aren't all crazy. 

I_love_my_girls
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:55 PM

=| 

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?"    - Epicurus

mamad122
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Why does it matter to you how many kids the next person has? Michelle takes every precaution necessary to insure as healthy of a pregnancy and delivery as possible and they take VERY good care of all of their children. They support themselves, debt free; no help from the Government.
I personally, agree with their stance but we will make a decision to not have any more children as we see fit.

Pregnancy Ticker

in love    toddler girl  expecting boy

dosthepost
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Honestly?

I like the Duggars, and even though it can't POSSIBLY be the easiest thing for them to do, they DO take care of all of the children that the Lord blesses them with, and they DO stand up for what they believe in, even though there are people like you who redicule them for it. They're great people.

ZiemMya2
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Its all television, you really dont know how she takes care of her kids cause it is all scripted..

Quoting mamad122:

Why does it matter to you how many kids the next person has? Michelle takes every precaution necessary to insure as healthy of a pregnancy and delivery as possible and they take VERY good care of all of their children. They support themselves, debt free; no help from the Government.
I personally, agree with their stance but we will make a decision to not have any more children as we see fit.

Loving Mom 2.. Amiah & Ziem

2MonstersxMommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Ummm to each their own..I try to keep my nose in my own backyard. I believe that everyone has their own beliefs and bashing them only makes THEM come out on top and you look like a dumbass because you are the one wasting your time. I'm just sayin'.

God Bless

rayzensun
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:01 PM

well, it's not really a new idea or anything...

what do you think the options were before birth control?

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
kristinas8
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Well, God decided no matter what we do. lol

I for one am having my 7th child. I wanted 10 before I ever had kids and my husband was open to the idea of having a large family, but after 5 we said we were done. I was using NFP after no. 5, and we had sex 1 time that month, we were in the middle of building a house for a friend and exahsted most days. But, sure enough that one time was enough.

Same with this baby. I was using NFP again and we don't usually do the deed before ovulation, but he wanted to and my O day wasn't suppose to be for another week, so we took the chance and sure enough I O'd 2 days later. I thought "oh no! Nah, it was 2 days ago, surely not." But when I was 1 day late and had been queazy for 3 mornings I bought a test and was floored!

He's getting clipped. But everyone knows thats only 99% effective. 

CafeMom Tickers
mamad122
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I would agree that we don't know what goes on. However, I was actually in the same homeschool association and I know the principles that they raise their children with. I'm not saying that they are perfect parents by any means but it is obvious that they love them and that they are clothed very nicely. I realize there's a lot more to parenthood, but trust me, I wouldn't want my parenting skills broadcast for the world to see!

Quoting ZiemMya2:

Its all television, you really dont know how she takes care of her kids cause it is all scripted..

Quoting mamad122:

Pregnancy Ticker

in love    toddler girl  expecting boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)