Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm afraid that he will........

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is 5months old and rolling over like crazy!!

I think it is wonderful however at night time, i am not so sure at night time. when it is time for bed he likes to roll over onto his tummy. i am afraid that he wont make it onto his back if he needs to. He can go from tummy to back and back to tummy. It just freaks me out that he can roll over onto his tummy at night time.

Should I be so scared and paranoid? Is it healthy?

Whenever I first brought him home, I was one of those mothers that HAD to check on him because I was afraid that he would stop breathing.

LOL can you tell that I am a first time mother?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GoneNutty
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM

My boys were always a lot more comfy on their tummies, so when they learned to roll over and did so at night, I usually let them sleep that way.  Of course, I was (and still am) a very paranoid mom and checked on them frequently...and actually, continue to check on my them every night and they are 10, 6 and 4! :)

elly25
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM

My daughter rolled every where.I have it on video even.She rolled over in her sleep a few times and so did my son.They made it back over on their backs.If you are worried about it they make guards that you can put in the bed with him to stop him from rolling over on his tummy.I used it with both children.I stopped using it when they were six almost seven months old and could roll over it.Try not to worry so much.You are doing a good job and he'll be fine.We all worry with the first child.

owls

TaysMom041908
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Once they are past 3 months you really do not have to worry about sids anymore because they know that they need to trn their head to breathe. If he can roll over on his own to sleep on his belly he is okay but dont worry i had the same thoughts!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

pregnancy week by week

wedding ticker

lcbowman
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Once he can roll it is fine for him to sleep however he is most comfortable.  He still does not need a pillow or stuffed animals in his bed.  However once they can roll you really can't keep them in one position.  Just a side note all of my kids were tummy sleepers.  My three older ones were before they decided they should sleep on their backs.  My youngest I really did try to get him to sleep on his back but he would not sleep for longer than 1 hour that way, and he would sleep for 4 to 5 on his tummy.  Sometimes I think we over worry.

college.mom0f2
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Thats actually not true, I had an 8 month old sister who died of sids.  Its less common, but it still happens.

Quoting TaysMom041908:

Once they are past 3 months you really do not have to worry about sids anymore because they know that they need to trn their head to breathe. If he can roll over on his own to sleep on his belly he is okay but dont worry i had the same thoughts!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)