Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 questions about my pregnancy (PIOG)

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

okay let me start out by saying that I am 14 weeks pregnant with my second child.

My first question is. When will the extreme and constant fatigue go away I have been wanting to sleep all day everyday since pretty much day 1! and it is really getting in the way for me to do homework and such.

And my second question is Why cant i breathe? It is so hard for me to eve do the dishes because if i am walking or sometimes even just stading, i feel like i am going to have some kind of asthma attack or anxiety attack. (I used to have asthma when i was a kid and I have anxiety problems) but it is neither of those things. it is just really hard to catch my breath. so it takes me like a half hour to wash a few dishes because I have to keep sitting down to cath my breath.

Has that happened to anyone before?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

pregnancy week by week

wedding ticker

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
A.J.s_mommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:06 PM

I felt exhausted the entire time, but the other question I am not sure...talk to your Dr. about that.

RorysMom119
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I'm just barely starting to get over the extreme fatigue! I'm about 5 & 1/2 months along! As far as the breathing, I get short of breath myself. Maybe it's just made worse by your previous asthma? Good luck!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (gdP4)

nilla4jesus
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I had a hard time breathing too...it finally when away (with delivery :>))...at one point I actually was in the car with my husband and I tapped him and told him to drive me to the ER because I literally felt like I was getting no air...a few seconds into driving at a very fast speed to ER I was fine again...although drenched in sweet from freaking out...the doctor said it was from having pressure on my lungs from the baby and everything being pushed up and whatnot.

momforever459
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:17 PM

I had the breathing thing with my daughter. I was always short of breath. At this point in the pregnancy your body is constantly making all sorts of new blood to support the baby. Same body, but its working harder now. Drinking a lot of fluid will help as silly as it sounds, because it helps to dilute the blood a little and makes it easier to breathe. It works much the same as the headaches. You have to remember right now your body is making all of the crazy hormones as well, and the less fluid in your system, the more concentrated the hormones will be, causing headaches, fatigue, and even adding to morning sickness. You should talk to your doctor about it, and about maybe adding a baby aspirin to your daily regimen. It sure helped me!

brantonsmom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:22 PM

how is your blood pressure been, If you were further along than 14 weeks i could see that the baby would be pressing on your organs making it hard to breath because the bigger i got with my son the harder it was to breath, my son carried really high, but at 14 weeks that would be hard for me to see.  Have you asked your dr what may be causing it?

TaysMom041908
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM

my blood pressure is great perfect. and I asked the doctor at my app. last week and they just said its from being congested, but i do not feel congested and i just dont see how being congested could make it this bad.

Quoting brantonsmom:

how is your blood pressure been, If you were further along than 14 weeks i could see that the baby would be pressing on your organs making it hard to breath because the bigger i got with my son the harder it was to breath, my son carried really high, but at 14 weeks that would be hard for me to see.  Have you asked your dr what may be causing it?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

pregnancy week by week

wedding ticker

623Mexicana
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM

with my second pregnancy, the fatigue for me didn't go away til my second trimester.. to answer your second, your body is pushing everything up.. your organs and such are being put under constant pressure to make more room. so your lungs may feel a bit tight for a while... i felt the exact same way.. doc told me not to worry, even with my worsening asthma..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)