Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the Mothers of ONLIES!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:59 PM
  • 45 Replies
I am a mother to one child, she's 16 mths. People are constantly asking me when I'm having another child. We are not financially ready for another baby...we are eventually going to try (hoping sometime next year), but right now it's just not the smart thing to do. Not to mention I'm only 22 and my hubby is turning 21 this month. Sooo my question is what do you say to people who nag you about having another one. I'm perfectly happy with it just being me, my hubby and Kylie Jade right now. I'm in no rush!!!!
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I dont even want another one at all!! Just me, BF, and the love of my life AJ!!!

mommy053008
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:03 PM
I thought about it! Just having Kylie Jade, but I think we just want one more. I come from a family of 10 soooo I'm used to big families
Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

I dont even want another one at all!! Just me, BF, and the love of my life AJ!!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
laly87
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM

i know what you mean i get that a lot.. my dd is 6 months and people always tell me have another one so your dd wont grow up a lone but after having a csection and not economically stable we cant afford another child and we are just fine the 3 of us by the way im 22 and hubby is 24 so i guess we r just fine. I alway joke and tell them that i can still feel the pain from the c section and until i for get about it i would have another one that always shuts them up lol..

CafeMom Tickers
EnigmaMuse
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:05 PM

I'm the proud mom of an only who is now in his early 20's.

Me personally. I never had any desire to have another child. Whenever I was asked about "when are you having another" I always made it perfectly clear that I wasn't going to have another. My family was (is) perfect for us being a family of 3. No more needed nor wanted. If anyone didn't like that answer, I really didn't care. 

It's not for others to decide how large or small your family should be. That is up to you and your husband, and the two of you alone. Some people are suited for and want large families. Some of people are suited for and want small families.

Mihbug
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:05 PM

it's only me and my dd jaylin...im too young to have another one and it wouldnt be smart like you said.....i just tell people wen im married settled and ready....just tell them when you guys are ready you'll have another one

A.J.s_mommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:06 PM

I came from a family of 4, but my dad was 1 of 20~!

Quoting mommy053008:

I thought about it! Just having Kylie Jade, but I think we just want one more. I come from a family of 10 soooo I'm used to big families
Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

farrah
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I have an only boy, he is three and you would think I am committing some type of crime. If people are bugging me about it I just politely but clearly state that my family is perfect how it is, and that we are very lucky to have our family as is. My MIL is the worst, we can't see her without her bringing it up, she has told us a number of times that our son is going to end up in jail b/c he is an only child. ha ha ha ha ha

MommyJenn08
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:14 PM

"When we're ready" and then change the subject.  I personally don't plan on having any more little ones.  My Reagan is enough for me and she has two wonderful half siblings to keep her company.  When people ask me I tell them, never, my daughter is enough for me. 

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Lilypie

elly25
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:18 PM

I waited five in a half years before having another child.I had my son early though.I was 17.So I waited a long time before having another child.When I was asked when I was having another child.I would tell them when I'm ready for another one.It worked most of the time.AI would say I don't want anymore children.That one got me some odd looks,but it worked too.On the other hand that made them ask why.I have two children now and people still ask me if I'm having number three any time soon.I tell them to wait three years and ask me then.We'll see then about it. 

owls

CarolinaMom2006
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:18 PM

My son is 3, He will be 4 in January. He is my only child, and the reason that I dont have another baby is because I cant seem to get pregnant again, My fiance is not the father of my son, and he dont have any kids, So im not sure if he cant have them or what, and we dont have the money to go have his "man stuff" checked and everything right now. There is a big age diff with me and him, I am 23 and he is 43 and im not sure if that's the problem or not. Anyways, I would love to have another baby! =) And I have alot of family members that nag me about having another baby and I just tell them the same thing I told you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)