Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

organ donors

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:06 PM
  • 22 Replies

I was watching this show last night call Three Rivers, it is about a hospital and dr. who work with people who needs transplants....and it got me thinking about organ donation....my husband and i are both donors and i was just wondering how many others are and why you decided to be one or not.....thanks :)))

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I am because Im not going to need them! and the fact that I can help others makes me feel good about it!

farrah
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I am a donor, my husband is not though b/c he thinks they wont fight to keep you alive as well. Like he thinks that if you are going to die but may have a slim chance of living they won't work as hard b/c they want your organs or something.

lundaylove
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM

i am. i think its horrible if you arent. i mean you arent going to be using them when your dead. its selfish when someone else could benefit from it and you without them.

Are you a special mom? Does your child have a special need? If so join Special Mothers, the group for support, advice and a place to talk with other special mothers.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/107411

RorysMom119
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I'm an organ donor! I also donate blood when I remember and can! I do it because, whether it's donated to a transplant recipient or medical research, either way it's still helping out somehow. And it's not like I need them! I just hope my family follows my wishes...I'm sure they will. My uncle donated his eyes! LOL

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (gdP4)

mommatothree01
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM

My entire family is, including my kids.  My dd was 5 when she donated her bone marrow to her brother, so she has already saved a life donating.   We have seen first hand how donation can save a life, help a family.  My dd wants to do it again (she's 8 though) to help someone else, and if my (then)5 yr old can selflessly do that, so can I, especially if I'm not going to use them again.

truely914
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I'm not a Organ Donor but have been thinking about it.   My FIL had a Kidney Transplant and a good friend from college also had a Kidney Transplant.  Thank Goodness for donors!

Verarose
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I am.  For one, I don't like waste.  If I have to die I would like to know that at least someone else will be saved or have better quality of life becuase of it. 

jackieb2811
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I am and I dont see why ppl wouldnt if its my time then its my time an if I can save another person through my loss I know that family would be grateful to be able to have many more yrs with a loved one!! That is if there is anything good left on me by the time I go! I know that if it were me or my family an most important my kids I would be forever thankful to the organ donor that saved them!

kcrunion73
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I am an organ donor... but I don't want them to take my eyes.  They can have whatever else they want, but not those...

mommyboyz
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I am donor and proud of it, I am one for the simple reason everyone should. If it was me, my family member or specially my children that was the one that needed that kidney, heart, or lung I would pray that someone else is out there that feels the same as me & we would be able to find one that matched. I know I will not need them when I am gone so no use of me keeping them, when it will save someone elses mother, father, sister/brother, or daughter/son life. I have even had this talk already with my 9 year old, he is blood type O so he is already counting down the time tell he can donate blood, he thinks its cool I did, and when he questioned me about why I did it I told him. Bump to all those out there that do & are donors.

*Amanda*

american footballtoddler boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)