Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

St. Louis Wknd Recommendations?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

We're visiting St. Louis soon. I've been about 30 times probably, and DH and I took several trips before kids, but it's our first time with the girls. Based on weather and time, we are planning to do:

• Magic House
  • City Museum
  • Grant's Farm
  • HOPING to see Zoo

Any other "MUST SEE" / "MUST DO" with girls ages 4 and 2?

We'll go to the Arch, but probably not up in it yet (we'll be back).

And any Great Family-Friendly Restaurants that are really fun???

And any coupons for the above online?

Click to join our group: Christian Celebrations

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thehairnazi
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:15 PM

the science center is awesome-our 4yo loved it.

grant's farm

purina farms-pet shows, activities, wagon rides, petting arena/farm animal barn

butterfly house

st louis carousel

world aquarium

the magic house

six flags-looney tunes town

food: ted drewes, chuck-a-burger, incredible pizza co(.-indoor gokarts, mini golf, bumper cars, mini-bowl, tiny town-smoke free!), old spaghetti factory

toddler boy''train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it." proverbs 22:6

kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:51 PM

all the above- and the arch. maybe the stadiums( if they like that sort of thing). the zoo is great!!! it is free to get in. and there is free parking( but you have to get there earlier for that!!). it is cheaper to get the pass for everything- but make sure that is everything is going to run and work. you can also buy one of there drinks in a plastic cup with lid/ straw. you can get this refilled allover the park.

laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:13 PM
Arch for sure I have not been in for a long time not since my with my grandpa ( he helped build it) I do not like going up in it but I like the museum part you can walk through underneath that is pretty cool. The aqurium, science center for sure especially in the imax if something is playing I always loved that as a child. Union station if they still let you look at the trains I have not been in awhile so I am not to sure.Batanical Gardens is really cool its better to visit in the spring since it is so beatiful then but it is pretty now too. Not now but in the spring/summer ragging rivers is good and do is six flags.
Mom2MonkeyGeese
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Skip the City Museum (pricey) and definately do the zoo along with the other things on your list - ALL great things to do with kids!  Have fun!!!

witchhappy halloween

iluvcallalilies
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 5:36 PM

We decided not to go up in the arch this time (I'm pregnant and our oldest is 4... DH and I have both been up in it several times, and we know we'll "be back").

So, City Museum isn't worth it even for Aquarium?

What are best places to eat with Kids?

I've been to St. Louis a LOT - but this trip is the most kid-focused I've ever done. ;-)

happy6
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 5:40 PM
The science center is wonderful and is free to get in and there are small fees for some of the things but mostly everything is free. Alot of great Italian restaurants on the HILL

wilesmomma
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I would definitely recommend Ted Drewes! They have the best freaking ice cream in the world!!!

But anyways I have lived in Saint Louis my whole life and have never heard of the aquarium. Where in the hell is it? LOL I asked my grandma who has also lived here and she doesn't know either.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

iluvcallalilies
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM

The World Aquarium at the City Museum:

http://www.worldaquarium.net/

http://www.citymuseum.org/home.asp

Quoting wilesmomma:

I would definitely recommend Ted Drewes! They have the best freaking ice cream in the world!!!

But anyways I have lived in Saint Louis my whole life and have never heard of the aquarium. Where in the hell is it? LOL I asked my grandma who has also lived here and she doesn't know either.

lexismum03
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Oh my gosh when we went to stl back in july me and my dh went to city museum! It was a great place. My dd would have loved it! Its a kids dream land lol lots of lil places to go! it isn't the cheapest but is the best place to go! The science center was a bummer. We went but they were under construction in alot of areas so it wasn't very cool!

The zoo is great! umm even city park is really cool. Just up from the arch. We stayed at the drury plaza and walked to city park! when it is dark there are all sorts of interactive things! The landing area looked really cool we didn't stop but it was neat!

laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I love the landing you should defintely go next time the best time to go is the fourth of july and you can walk right to the arch from the landing and watch the beatiful fireworks display over the river. Rocks lol!

Quoting lexismum03:

Oh my gosh when we went to stl back in july me and my dh went to city museum! It was a great place. My dd would have loved it! Its a kids dream land lol lots of lil places to go! it isn't the cheapest but is the best place to go! The science center was a bummer. We went but they were under construction in alot of areas so it wasn't very cool!

The zoo is great! umm even city park is really cool. Just up from the arch. We stayed at the drury plaza and walked to city park! when it is dark there are all sorts of interactive things! The landing area looked really cool we didn't stop but it was neat!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)