Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Must be nice!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:44 PM
  • 9 Replies

So here I am once again stuck home with my 2 SDs and my 6 month old. I am from Philadelphia and last year when the Phillies won the world series I couldn't celebrate any of it cause I was pregnant so my DH went out most of the games and left me with my SDs. This year I'm not pregnant but I still get left here because of the kids. My DH is not a die hard Phillies fan! But why does he always get to celebrate and I get stuck here!! Im so tired if it. It's not fair at all.....Then he's sending me pics from his cell phone of everyone celebrating because the Phillies won tonight. Why is that because I'm a mom I am the one who has to watch the kids and he gets to go out?? Then my SDs don't listen to me, so it's not even like I get a peaceful night! My DH and his friends have this notion that since they are the men they get to go out and the mom has to watch the kids no questions asked. I am tired of it!

Lilypie
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shakesrear
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Why don't you leave him with the kids one evening? Just make some plans with a friend and inform him that he's staying home. I think he'll be a little more sympathetic after that.

thehairnazi
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:55 PM

so tell him! and then act on it!

suark
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:56 PM

If you are tired of it then you need to say something. I am a firm believer that you teach people how to treat you. If you dont say something now then it will be that way for the rest of your marriage.

Why dont you and your girlfriends  plan on going out and leave the kids home with Dad? Maybe start doing that once or twice a month.

good luck!

PreciousHead
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Totally agree with this.

Quoting suark:

If you are tired of it then you need to say something. I am a firm believer that you teach people how to treat you. If you dont say something now then it will be that way for the rest of your marriage.

Why dont you and your girlfriends  plan on going out and leave the kids home with Dad? Maybe start doing that once or twice a month.

good luck!

Precious Head
Work at Home United

Independent Marketing Executive

rkoloms
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Was your husband selfish before you married him? He is not treating you fairly; he is taking advantage of you; he is not a good partner. Marriage is a partnership and he is treating you like the hired help.

Robin in Chicago

Kuulou
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Quoting thehairnazi:

so tell him! and then act on it!

I agree...most men do not have the kind of insight to know what they're doing wrong.  You need to put voice to your thoughts sweetie!

chefmartha
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I feel your pain momma. Maybe you should get a bunch of other moms together and make plans now for the next game night. AFTER you make the plans tell your SO and let him know HE will be watching the kids this time. Since you aren't pregnant you get a night out now as well.

My hubby gets the chance to go do things all the time, rock concerts, baseball games, Nascar races, etc.... but I get stuck at home with the kids. So this summer while he was working out of country I went and saw my favorite team play the team where we live. Now I did take the kids this time but they are fans of the team we saw as well, and we had a really great time. I think my biggest thing with DH as when I want to go see or do something I like with him along, he gets all hem and haw and comes up with reasons why he can't do or be there, but I'm supposed to drop everything and be excited about doing the things he likes but that I don't thrill too. I just put it down to being part of being married for 21 1/2 years. 

chefmartha2004
NO1LKME3
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:08 PM
He does it because he can.....you enable him to treat you this way.
LovesPinkk
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Quoting suark:

good luck!

I also agree with this. 

I'm not going to say I've never felt like you do though -I do my own fair share of missing out things for the kids.  But I also pick my battles... Like, if I were you & LOVED the Phillies... I would have just TOLD him that there was NO WAY I was going to miss another game.  Stand up for yourself.  You only live one time... which means there are only so many Phillies games.   Plan a night with your girlfriends.  Tell him you need this.

Good Luck momma!

SAHMommy to Maddox James '06, Kingston Edward '07,                                                                    & Paris Abigail '09Marrying their Daddy 7*24*10.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)