Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Curious about Multivitamins??

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok can anyone give me info on what Multivitamins are recommended while TTC, pregnant, or breastfeeding. I want to know what specifically is needed and what is considered too much and unsafe of each vitamin?

And also do I need to be careful about what I eat if I am on vitamins so that I don't over do it?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
stevensmama13
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:48 PM

if your trying to concieve try prenatals those are the bes vitamin ever you take them while your prego and after then why not take them before!

LuvMaryKay
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Prenatels are the best while pregnant and breastfeeding but I couldn't take them made me ill so I took a mulivitamin with Calicum and Omega 3.  I did hear from a Dr on the radio that any mulitvitamin with Cal and Omega 3 is good to take.  As far as I know if your body doesn't need it, it will not use it....so I do not think you have to worry about eating to much veges...but make sure you eat alot of fiber becasue the vitamins can constipate you....

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Trying to Conceive

Pregnancy

Breastfeeding Groups

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

ajswenson
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Yep.  My doc put me on prenatals when we started TTC.  He also had me take folic acid supplement since that is wonderful for brain development in the baby - you wouldn't know you are pregnant when the system for the baby's brain is developing so hence taking them BEFORE you know.  Keep your diet healthy obivously.  And you may need iron, but not until after you are into your pregnancy.

Quoting stevensmama13:

if your trying to concieve try prenatals those are the bes vitamin ever you take them while your prego and after then why not take them before!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)