Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For your baby shower??

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:05 AM
  • 9 Replies

For your baby shower what was the best and worst gift???? My SIL has a baby shower the 15 of  Nov.,.. What would you suggest??

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
snowball01201
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:23 AM

I honestly loved everything I recieved, sorry I can't be of any help. The best part for me was having everyone I love around me as excited as I was about my LO. If you're looking for suggestion as to what you should buy her......NOT a blanket LOL people tend to give blankets. If you're thinking clothes don't buy newborn, I got a TON of newborn clothes that were ADORIBLE but my son grew soooo fast (as all babies do) and he didn't wear even half of the clothes. For clothes I would go 3-6 months or even bigger, trust me when the time comes and her LO is growing like crazy she will be glad she has the bigger clothes for her/him to grow into. Hmmmmm I guess I did have some advice huh? LOL I hope I helped :-)

ryleesmommy2009
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:27 AM

yeah i got so much stuff all the way up to 6-9 months i mean a ton and hardly anything past that so if your gonna buy clothes i would buy them bigger she'll appreciate it in the end lol

well i got a crib dresser and changing table from my mom lol her 1st grandbaby and i ended up with three bouncers lmao

CeeJaysmama
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:12 AM

I loved everything that I got for my baby shower. My favorite things were the Boppy, in case you don't know, its a pillow that you put on your waist so the baby can lay on it while you breast feed.  My dad use to use it when he held my daughter, it made him more comfortable knowing something else was there so she wouldnt fall out of his arms, and as she grew and started to get ready to crawl I'd prop her up on that so she could be on her tummy but looking up off the floor kinda thing.

The other thing I absolutly love and swear by are the scented blue bags for dirty diapers. Walmart has them, I think Toys R Us does too. They have come in handy so many times and I still use them.

arianas_mom916
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:21 AM

Worst gift was a ugly rug that was special ordered from a catalog.. by someone that should have realized that our apartment is carpeted! (aka MY MOM!) Solution, put the rug in my old room at her house, no carpets, and she was making it a room for the baby anyways. Doesn't make it any less ugly, just less my problem. It didn't match my theme at ALL!

Best present was a hand made changing area wall organizer..PM me if you want a photo of it to get an idea of what I mean!

mamalinzie
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:29 AM

Getting the big items was the best for me. The car seat, bassinet/playyard and papasan swing were the best. 

Things I wasnt too pleased with was clothes in the wrong size for the season. My DD was born in March, and I got a lot of wintery stuff in sizes 3-6 months. They were cute clothes, just, not useful.  I ended up giving those clothes to a friend who had her baby in October.

If the mom is planning on breastfeeding, I like to give them the book "The Womanly Art of Brreastfeeding." And if you know her well enough to know if she is considering a natural childbirth, I like to give the book "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth."  Dr Sears Baby Book, is another awesome, helpful book.

Other things I like to give are diapers, either disposables or cloth depending on what they want to do, or baby carriers like a nice unpadded ring sling, a kangaroo korner pouch sling, or the Moby wrap.

Why does my Pre-Schooler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

lovelymoon
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:44 AM

The best gift I got was a wicker basket with a cloth liner that had everything to get started..Diapers, wipes, lotion, babywash...Rash cream..so on and so on...

MommyOnLI
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:10 AM

my favorite things:

2 Britax Marathon Car Seats

Furniture

complete bedding & all its accessories

anything i registered for

worst:

things that werent on my registry, i understand ppl want to get things they think are cute but if its NOT on my registry there was a reason.

jawitnik
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:26 AM

best gift I got was a laundry basket FILLED with baby soaps, lotions, desitin, all the esentials that you forget that you really do need. I got this at my shower for my son, and didn't have to buy ANYTHING of this nature till well after his first bday. Seriously. The lady who did it for me said whenever she went shopping, saw it on sale, she just bought it and it filled up a big laundry basket.

And I never minded when someone bought me anything that wasn't on my registry. I always thought the registry was yeah stuff you wanted, but AT LEAST THEY BOUGHT YOU SOMETHING FOR YOUR BABY.

AngieMarie08
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:27 AM

My friends who have had girls always get loads of clothes. They hate it because they dont have enough days for the baby to wear ALL the clothes. And then all of a sudden the baby turns a year old and has NO clothes. And dont buy clothes too big because you never know what size the baby will actually be in and what type of weather there will be.

I loved my high chair, it strapped to a regualr kitchen chair, and adjusted to lean back and forward, and would change into a booster seat when the baby got older. I really loved everything I got, I had a boy so I didnt have the clothes problem. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)