Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry moms but I have another swine flu question (piog)

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:01 AM
  • 2 Replies

Is the diagnoses completely based on fever?? I mean like if I feel like complete poo with all the symptoms except high temp with fever, could I possibly still have it? Reason for asking is this.... my neice stayed all weekend with us, then Monday morning got sick and went to the dr and tested positive for swine.... so of course I  immediately lysol'd everything, washed everything, aired out the house, and started the whole family on airborne... and then Monday night I started having symptoms... went to the doc on Tuesday and tested negative, but they gave me cough syrup and antibiotics for my symptoms... and well it's Thursday now and I still have no fever but feel like my symptoms are worsening. The dr said if I start to run a fever that she would call me in Tamiflu, which is what they prescribe for the flu. SO... I'm not running fever, but are almost convinced I do have the flu... Help anyone?

~Julie Baker~
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
smalltowngal
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:18 AM

No, not everyone is getting a high fever. My DS never got above 99.5 and most of the time has been fever free. I got up to 102 and DD got over 104 so all three of us ended up with different fevers.

AngieMarie08
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I would call in to go before the weekend. That way you dont have to wait until they open monday, and get answers sooner. I will sit better with you to know. I would call =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)