Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So conflicted and stress out

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:06 AM
  • 2 Replies

I can't wait for the flu season to be over OMG. when I think I have made over my mind about vax someone comes and says that thir kids were screaming in pain,fever of 107 in intensive care ot worst they know someone that dies. I want to run to the doc and get her the shot, then I hear the bad chemicals and I say no. WTF Im loosing it and all I can do is pray and hope that my daughter will be ok and not get sick and if she does that is mild. God I leave it all in your hands.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
rachelmm007
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:14 AM

the latest statistic is that less than 1% of infected people die. that being said people are dying from secondary illnesses like pneumonia, dehydration, etc. a vast majority of the cases are mild. me and my family had it about 2 weeks ago. i was pretty worried but mine and my kids doc offices had a flu hotline where you could speak with a nurse and it really helped ease my mind they mainly said to keep HYDRATED!!! wash your hands, disinfect the house, up your daily dose of vit c, vit d, and zinc. i say not to freak out...and i know that is easier said than done. i have panic disorder so i know what its like to obsess over things and freak out but really it doesnt do you any good. just calm down and do all you know how to be cautious. but do not stop living your life for it :) good luck momma on what ever decision you make.

mom223
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I hear u girl but is so hard specially cuss my daughter suffers from febrile convulsions and I will hate to see her get another one. On the other hand I don't want to put somethig in her body that I won't know what is going to do to her in later years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)