Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evenflo chase booster seat?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:15 AM
  • 11 Replies

http://www.walmart.com/Evenflo-Chase-Booster-Car-Seat/ip/10745671

Is the evenflo chase booser seat just a booster seat or is it a carseat that turns into a booster? Im confused, please dont laugh at me!!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IloveHayden08
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:27 AM

So I guess yall dont know either?

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:42 AM

It's a car seat/booster. I was reading the reviews on amazon for it and it got pretty mixed reviews. People said it was hard to adjust and everything. How old is your child? There might be something that would be better for her. That seat only harnesses to 40 pounds.

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Natural childbirth having, Pro-Life for babies NOT convicts, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls and wife to my Marine!

IloveHayden08
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:48 AM

my child is almost 2, a friend is giving it to us for an extra carseat and im just making sure its actually ok for him to sit in it

Quoting mommyof2grls06:

It's a car seat/booster. I was reading the reviews on amazon for it and it got pretty mixed reviews. People said it was hard to adjust and everything. How old is your child? There might be something that would be better for her. That seat only harnesses to 40 pounds.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I don't see why it wouldn't be ok. Just make sure she didn't wash the straps or dry the cover and make sure it's not expired or has been in a wreck.

Quoting IloveHayden08:

my child is almost 2, a friend is giving it to us for an extra carseat and im just making sure its actually ok for him to sit in it

Quoting mommyof2grls06:

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Natural childbirth having, Pro-Life for babies NOT convicts, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls and wife to my Marine!

IloveHayden08
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:12 PM

K thanks, I was really just wondering if it was a regular carseat! I know it has not been in a carwreck...

Why cant you wash the straps? or dry the cover, as long as it doesnst shrink it?

Quoting mommyof2grls06:

I don't see why it wouldn't be ok. Just make sure she didn't wash the straps or dry the cover and make sure it's not expired or has been in a wreck.

Quoting IloveHayden08:

Quoting mommyof2grls06:

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I'm not a member, but I can tell you that it compromises the integrity of the straps by weakening the fibers, making them possibly not hold up in the event of an accident. You just want to spot clean them with water and mild soap without soaking them. As for drying the cover, I'm not sure. I dried mine, but just for a few minutes and let it air dry the rest of the way. I'm guessing it's the same about the fibers.

There's what a lady in the car seat safety group said.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:15 PM

You really should check out the car seat safety group. There are some very helpful techs there that can answer any questions you have about car seats.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I have almost that same seat!  I bought it for my niece when she was young.  I don't know if it is exactly the same since that was 5 years ago (it is about to expire).  I liked it for her but I highly recommend taking your daughter and trying her in one.  I tried to put the girl I watch in it once and because of the tightening system I either had to put the straps up too high or have it too loose for her.  Otherwise it was way down in the way of the buckle!  She is 2 as well.

And if it is like that one it only harnesses to 40 lbs I do believe which is just not enough.

hurleydoll18
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:06 PM

This is a car seat that harnesses to 40lbs and converts to a high back booster.  It is an alright seat but would I use it for an almost 2 yr old?  Absolutely not but that is because an almost 2 yr old is much much safer rear facing and most almost 2 yr olds still fit rear facing in most convertible car seats. 

Washing the straps compromises the integrity of the harness because it breaks down the fibers.  Straps should NEVER be sumberged in water.  It will weaken the harness, compromising the safety of them.  Most covers can be machine washed but it is best to do this on delicate and they should be hung out to dry, not dried in the washer.  Drying the cover may shrink it, causing it to not fit on the car seat properly and this would make the cover no longer safe to use.  There are also special chemicals on the cover that help reduce flames in the event of a fire and drying them could get rid of these chemicals

I love that cover by the way

IloveHayden08
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 11:25 PM

yeah im a member, I saw ur post asking how to answer my question...i just figured id get quicker answers in this bigger group

Quoting mommyof2grls06:

You really should check out the car seat safety group. There are some very helpful techs there that can answer any questions you have about car seats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)