Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ABC's Just curious

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:57 AM
  • 16 Replies

How old was your child when they could say their alphabet all the way?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KGeist86
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Alicia was about 2 and a couple months when she could FULLY say every letter by herself.

Emily will be 3 in a couple months, and just starting about a month ago.

rockinmama07
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Krystina was just over a year old.
Emilee is just over 2 and a half and we are still working on it.  With the Apraxia it's difficult for her.

"Raising kids is part joy and part guerilla warfare." - Ed Asner

Jynnifer292
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:01 PM

My son just turned 2 when he basically knew all of his letters, however, he didn't know the alphabet yet.

chefmartha
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Lets see......Rob was about 3 when he could say it through by himself. Katy was 2 1/2 and Becca was 4. Becca took longer because of a hearing problem and didn't really speak until she was 3 1/2.

chefmartha2004
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I'm not sure when exactly, but at his 22 month assessment he knew them all and could count to 20, as well as all of his colours and shapes.

My daughter is 18 months and can get about halfway through the alphabet and can count to 10 most of the time... sometimes she gets to 7 and then goes back to 2.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

kd.
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:15 PM

My daughter was 18 months when she could fully say the alphabet. And she taught herself to read at 3. How lucky is that?!

My son is 16 months and doesn't know any of it yet. He knows his colors though.

dannysgirl77
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Owen, my 5 year old is this way. My 12 year old could say all the ABC's by 2.5

Quoting kd.:

My daughter was 18 months when she could fully say the alphabet. And she taught herself to read at 3. How lucky is that?!

My son is 16 months and doesn't know any of it yet. He knows his colors though.

mom223
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I think my daughter was like 22 months or something like that. She now is 2.5 and knows them in both english and Spanish and not in order. Like she knows them if u put them in random order also.

xotee2006
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:19 PM

my son is 2 1/2 and knows his alphabet!

mlbrooks421
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Thanks for the replies! I was just wondering because my son, who is 19 months old, is VERY into the alphabet song. But, he kind of skips through the letters. He prefers vowels. He will often say "A E I O" He also has something against the number 1. He will say "two three four five" over and over but, doesn't say 1. I just wanted to see at what age other children could say all of their letters etc.

Thanks again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)