Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did your baby start sleeping through the night? POLL

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think it's ok to wake him up to feed when I get home from work on the weekend?

Options:

Yes, it's ok... do what works

No, you'll regret it later

other (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

When I brought my son for his 3 mos check-up his dr. said that he should start sleeping through the night now and I shouldn't be waking him up to feed (Im BFing.) He has slept the whole night through about 3 times, but I'm concerned I set up a pattern of him waking up around midnight and 4 am because on weekends I work from 230- 1130 and I'm FULL when I get home and wake him up when I get home so I can get some relief and so he doesnt wake up an hour after I go to bed. Now I know I can pump and save but I'm just so exhausted I'd rather not. My question is whether you think I'm doing something wrong that will hurt me down the line, or if it doesn't matter that I wake him up to feed and he will sleep through the night when he's ready?

He sometimes fusses in his sleep and patting his back will quiet him, so I don't count it as a wake up... so really he wakes up about twice a night and he'll be 4 mos on Saturday.

Any similar experiences or advice/ comments that could help?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dragonlilly3492
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:37 PM

bump

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:07 PM

I think it's fine. Have you tried co-sleeping? That way you wouldn't have to even really wake him up and you could go to sleep when you get home. My girls nursed in their sleep all the time.

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Natural childbirth having, Pro-Life for babies NOT convicts, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls and wife to my Marine!

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I don't think I would wake mine up. At some point your child will begin to want to stay up after being woken up. At around 6 months or so. Let baby sleep and pump. You maybe could pump at work around normal dinner time.

submissive09
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:09 PM

My son is 20 months and has never slept through the night. SUCKS!!

Destiny1403
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Quoting submissive09:

My son is 20 months and has never slept through the night. SUCKS!!

Mine is about 13 months and he is the SAME WAY!!!!! IM pregnant with no 2 and I dont know how much longer i can do this!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:01 PM

My first (FF) never slept through the night until 2, 2 1/2 YEARS old.

The new baby, now 1, (EBF) started sleeping through off and on pretty early. We day weaned at about a year, and she stopped night nursing shortly after. She still sometimes wakes, but she just comes in our bed.

As far as waking your baby, I say don't do it. EVER, lol. They'll let you know if you need some booby!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)