Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do?

Options:

Keep them, its not that big of a deal

throw away the ones you dont like

throw all of them away

other, because there is always an other, but please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

Hello. Ladies, I really need some advice! Recently my aunt got my daughter these Nickelodean (SP??) magnets for the fridge. There are 3 pages and some are pictures and some are words that you can make sentences out of. As I was seperating them for her to put on the fridge, I came across some that really bothered me. They said things like: fat, stupid, dumb, hate, twerp, geek, gang. The others were fine and dont say anything bad, but I pulled these out and now I dont know what to do. Should I throw them away? What would you do? (By the way, my DD is two and she can't read very well anyway, but she can read some things..)

Randi- One Blessed MaMa & Soon To Be Wife
      in love   toddler girl   baby boy
     Randi & Caleb   Emma Grace   Ethan Carter
          4*7*06         4*15*07       10*17*09

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
montrese89
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I voted throw em away bc I dont think those words are appropriate for a child that young...thats what i would do. HTH!

babies
livingrlovesong
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Thanks. I think thats what im going to be doing. It just freaked me out. I didnt think those types of words would be in a kids toy!

Quoting montrese89:

I voted throw em away bc I dont think those words are appropriate for a child that young...thats what i would do. HTH!

Randi- One Blessed MaMa & Soon To Be Wife
      in love   toddler girl   baby boy
     Randi & Caleb   Emma Grace   Ethan Carter
          4*7*06         4*15*07       10*17*09

ceemuhreeashbee
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I think it's a parent's job to teach when words like that are appropriate. Some of them can be used in other ways (like, that's a fat cake! I love it! haha). Use the other ones to teach her that they aren't okay, maybe if you teach her early she won't learn it from a friend and immediately think it's okay. I don't mean to point them out to her right now, but I think throwing some away is a little extreme.

a wedding website

I'm a breast/bottle feeding, co-sleeping the first year, kiss on the lips & tell her I love her every day kind of mom. I can let her CIO, but when she calls 'mommy' I'm on my feet and there in a heartbeat. I want my daughter to have many different experiences & to love everyone regardless of their's. I'm anti-abortion, for the right to bear arms, and completely against telling someone who they can and can't love.

Mrs.Morgan
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I know what you mean thats not appropriate! I remember one my son who is 3 was on PBS on The Electric Company and they asked him to spell hate I mean I know its a word and has a silient e but come on why do kids have to know about these words at such a young age. I took him off of it.

Photobucket

wedding ticker

EbonySnow
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I would absolutly throw them away those are concepts that are best avoided. To be honest I'd contact the company any complain but that is me 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)