Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Flu Prevention--Help me out ladies!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

so my family and i have never got the regular flu shot and wont be getting the h1n1 this year...my question is does anyone have any good home remedies they use to prevent the flu...i.e. what do you eat? what vitamins are you taking? what foods boost your immune system? thanks to all who read!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
4armycuties
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Black Elderberry is a natural antiviral. Extra vitamin C and of course vitamins.

ballewal
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Extra B, C, and D vitamins. 

I'm not going to summarize myself in a paragraph because I'm not the kind of mother you expect me to be. 

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Oregano Oil will help prevent and also help clear sinuses when you are stuffed up. It is potent stuff though. I put 3 drops in a tablespoon of water and  tip it back. My neighbor has been using it for years and just got me using it. I had sinus junk and it cleared it right up. Also helps prevent.

submissive09
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:14 PM

2 teaspoons for children, four teaspoons for adults.  Cold apple cider vinegar. We do this everyday. plus we take vitamins and wash are hands often.

imechard
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Pro biotics, echinecea, vitamin C combined with B, is called super B complex or something

Humboldt0608
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Lemons carry A LOT of vitamin C. So we normally make a tea out of lemons and Honey (also good for your body). Hubby prefers Air Born. We wash our hands all the time and avoid touching our faces. As much rest at possible. I try to get in at least an 8 hour night if I can help it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)