Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you or your family come down with H1N1?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:57 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: HAve you or your family had the Swine Flu?

Options:

Yes, I had it

Yes, someone in my close family had it

No, no one has had it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

I want to know how many people have actually had it.  After voting if you or your family did have N1H1 please tell us about it.  Was it as bad as the regular flu or worse?  Did the Dr actually test you for it or just say that is what it was?  I don't personally know anyone that has ahd it, I know a friend's, cousin's daughter had it back in May and is doing just fine now, or so the story goes! haha  I also heard that my hometown's high school had over half it's scudnet body out for 3 weeks and most of them supossedly had H1N1 and no one died.  I have yet to be able to confirm any of that, except the part where half the school was out, fo rall I know they took advantage of the scare adn just didn't go to school!  LoL

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:58 PM

no and i hope we NEVER get it. 

shoegirl01
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I voted no because no one in the family has had it, however, my son's daycare just got shut down this week due to an outbreak.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that DS dosn't get it!

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

2girlsMom.MN
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I voted yes because that's what the nurse over the phone said. They don't want us coming in unless absolutely necessary. She asked me a bunch of questions, went over my symptoms and prescribed tamiflu. I'm not entirely positive it was actually the swine flu because I wasn't tested and I didn't have much of a cough so I'm still nervous it wasn't and worried.

mommy_of3boys
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:16 PM

See that is what I am hearing that many peole that have been tols theydo have it have never actually been tested and could easily have regulare flu or no flu at all!  I think it is weird they just jump straight to swine flu without knowing for sure.

Thank you for posting.

Quoting 2girlsMom.MN:

I voted yes because that's what the nurse over the phone said. They don't want us coming in unless absolutely necessary. She asked me a bunch of questions, went over my symptoms and prescribed tamiflu. I'm not entirely positive it was actually the swine flu because I wasn't tested and I didn't have much of a cough so I'm still nervous it wasn't and worried.

kristinas8
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:18 PM

All my kids have had it. Only mild, like a bad cold, it cleared up in less than 3 days without meds and my youngest 5 yrs has bronchitis from it, but other than that, it wasn't all that bad. 

CafeMom Tickers
cwgrlmommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I had it just last week and it sucked!! It is worse than regular flu... I felt like someone ran me over with a semi and then backed up and did it again! I felt horrible... DD stayed the weekend with my parents so she wasn't around to catch it and hopefully she won't! I went to bed one night with a fever of 106.2 and I was still freezing!

The doc told me that you can spread it up to 24 hours after your fever breaks...

lextjmom0709
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:19 PM

my sister had it and know her lungs are not working right she is on a ventailotor and lost her first baby from it. my sister doesnt even know she has lost her daughter and already buried her because of this crap i hate her dr for it. she went to the er after calling him severl time conmplaining of being sick and he didnt have time 2 see her so when she went to the er they did nothing but by the 3rd time going in one week the thought something could be realy wrong with her. her new drs tell us if they would have seen her the first time she would not be bad like this and her daughter wanted be in the ground without knowing life and weighting more then 1 lb 15 ozs and 15 in long

2girlsMom.MN
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Quoting lextjmom0709:

my sister had it and know her lungs are not working right she is on a ventailotor and lost her first baby from it. my sister doesnt even know she has lost her daughter and already buried her because of this crap i hate her dr for it. she went to the er after calling him severl time conmplaining of being sick and he didnt have time 2 see her so when she went to the er they did nothing but by the 3rd time going in one week the thought something could be realy wrong with her. her new drs tell us if they would have seen her the first time she would not be bad like this and her daughter wanted be in the ground without knowing life and weighting more then 1 lb 15 ozs and 15 in long

That's what scares me! I'm so sorry for your loss and what your sister is going through. I think it is such a insult to people with underlying health conditions who are at risk or people like your sister and dear niece who have suffered immensly or have the possibility to and people have an attitude like it's just the flu, it's not a big deal. YES it is a big deal it's effecting everyone and now it's effected your entire family. I'm really sorry for this happening to you and your family. I care and I don't think it's just a flu.

2girlsMom.MN
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Quoting mommy_of3boys:

See that is what I am hearing that many peole that have been tols theydo have it have never actually been tested and could easily have regulare flu or no flu at all!  I think it is weird they just jump straight to swine flu without knowing for sure.

Thank you for posting.

Quoting 2girlsMom.MN:

My entire house caught whatever it was we had. We did all have our regular flu vaccines this year. We all had low grade fevers, we all vomitted, we all had diarreha, I was the only one with severe body aches to the point I was crying and coudn't care for my children, some of us had slight coughs but hardly. The nurse over the phone didn't think it was food poisioning or stomach bug because we didn't have a whole lot of it like just 1 or 2x of each. I had a headache and didnt leave the house for a week. I guess I just expected if we caught swine flu it would knock us on our butts and if it was it didn't. I guess I'll never know if I had it.

smalltowngal
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:37 PM

DS, DD and I have had it for over a week now. DD and DS were tested  and confirmed type A influenza, most likely swine. DS needed an IV for dehydration. DD needed steroids for croup and some wheezing. Now DD has an ear infection. I'm starting to get a fever again so I'm wondering if I'm getting an infection now. DS was throwing up again last night and spent the whole night coughing. It's like the never ending bug for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)