Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so behind on my bills!!!! VENT (language)

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:27 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am so stresed it's ridiculous. Our bills are piling up left and right. We have our rent for our shitty apartment, car insurance, a car payment,cellphone bill,  two student loan payments, our cable and internet (internet is for my school and cable has a contract so i have no idea what to do about that), and we have 6 individual loans out around town. We have way more going out than we have coming in and I'm losing my mind. Gas and groceries are so expensive and it's not getting any better. The best I can say is at least my oldest daughter is almost potty trained so we don't have to get her as many diapers. Right now we didn't have one of my husbands student loans for our autodraft so they took it out and charged a $22 overdraft fee, our cable is due by wednesday, and our car insurance is due to come out autodraft on monday too. My husband and I work as servers because it is the hours+the income that works for us right now and actually I am in the process of looking for another nightjob with steady hours and income. We are both full-time college students and trying our best to do everything we can but it seems like we get more behind every single month. I have been cutting down on groceries and everything I can think of and renewing our loans every opportunity I have. On top of everything I owe about $5000 total to collections agencies for medical bills. What can I do? Why the hell do I bust my ass and still I am behind? Anyone else sick of this damn economy!??!

I love my girls, Madison and Isabelle and my husband Sam more than anything in this world! :)

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Issa81
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I am so with you on this one its one of those days for me as well!

Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.

rockinmomto2
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Honestly, your priority is to your children. If you can barely pay your bills, get a full time job, and leave school alone for a while. I know that school will make you a better future, but you might not HAVE a future if you don't get your act together now. Call ALL of your student loans and ask to put a freeze on the loans for the time being. Cut down on your car payment. Shop around for car insurance. Get cheaper cell phones. There's a lot you can do to make things better, but you need to actually make it happen.

mandalouwhotn
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Im confused....if you are a full-time college student, your loans are automatically defferred......

mandalouwhotn
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Another note....I don't the economy put you where you are.  I think bad choices did.  If the economy was great, how would that effect your situation?  You would still be a college student server barely making it.  I don't think its right to blame the economy, I think you need to take some personal responsibility for the choices you made.

ballewal
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Call to defer your student loans, it's called a hardship deferment. You will still accrue interest but it postpones your payments. 

I'm not going to summarize myself in a paragraph because I'm not the kind of mother you expect me to be. 

swizzlefiz
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Thats what I was thinking .... Even after I finished college I had 2 years of voluntary deferment available.  I've used a year of it so far.  They charge $50 to do it and the interest racks up but ... its better than the $360 every month.

Quoting mandalouwhotn:

Im confused....if you are a full-time college student, your loans are automatically defferred......

2girlsMom.MN
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:00 PM

My college loans are being deferred right now. I'm not working. That can easily be done

Screw the cable contract get rid of cable.

Get rid of cellphones.

Get rid of highspeed internet and go to a cheaper dial up internet

Get a house phone with no extra's

Don't eat out

Tax time is around the corner. Take your tax return and pay off debt. don't go out and buy new things or splurge pay off debt.

My dad always taught me 1st comes Rent, then comes food, electric,gas, phone and everything else is a luxury.

A few years ago I was a single mom unemployed and going to school and at one point we lived off my childsupport. I lived off of $500 dollars a month. Sure I had foodstamps and section8 but I still had rent, elect,gas,phone, diapers, car insur., gas, clothing, etc.. I did it ! I had no luxuries, we stayed home alot, and we bought second hand.

AlicaGreer
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:10 PM

bump

Good Luck Momma!!

Proud Work At Home Momma

Changing Lives, Building Dreams

lisa601
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:23 PM

You either have to cut your spending more or bring in more cash.  Get another job or find something full time until you get on your feet.  Can you babysit, walk dogs, bake, have a garage sale, run errands, anything that brings in extra cash.  I've got several older female neighbors who have honey do lists and are willing to pay someone to trim bushes, paint a room, whatever.  Every little bit adds up. 

mommytoG
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:34 PM

You should divde your bills in half that you can and make up a calender of all pay days and then put under those dates what is due let me add  a pic of what I do. I have divided my car payment in half and pay each half when I get paid and then my car insurance is due on the 17 to I put it under a pay day that will get paid on time. My Student loan is due at the first of the month and pick a pay day that will get it paid on time and so on and so on.

Hope it makes since ( sorry I cant make it bigger

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)