Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone used...(formula q)

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:39 PM
  • 10 Replies

have any of you used enfamil gentlease or ar lipil??? my 5 week old is super super gassy and fussy as well as has acid reflux, he is on zantac right now. im gonna call his pedi and ask about changing his formula, just wondering what your experiences were with these 2 formulas? thanks.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballewal
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I know someone whose daughter was on AR. Her DD used to spit up multiple times per day, hours after her bottle. After the AR it went down to practically nothing. 

I'm not going to summarize myself in a paragraph because I'm not the kind of mother you expect me to be. 

cmtjenn
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:43 PM

we use the target brand it has the same ingredients of the regular enfamil but is a thicker powder.  it worked the best for out little one.  he had really bad reflux the thicker formula worked a little. once we started solids his spiting up has stopped. he still get a little gassy at times but i think its certain foods that does it now.

CafeMom Tickers

navywifey2006
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:45 PM

oh and i forgot to ask if the concentrate worked better for some than the powder with it being thicker?

2girlsMom.MN
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Had the same problem. Try Enfamil Nutramigen it worked WONDERS for my dd. It's predigested formula helps with reflux, digestion and super duper easy on their tummy. Gas and Constipation problems disapear. It's exspensive and WIC will only cover it with dr.note but it's totally worth the money. Buy a can and try it. I saw dramatic difference with my dd within 2 hours of using this formula. It's also used for colic which was also our problem.

navywifey2006
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:09 PM

i used nutramigen with my 2yr old he had colic, hopefully he doesnt have to have nutramigen....i hated paying $25 for a small can. i want to try 1 of these 2 before i go to the nutramigen.

Quoting 2girlsMom.MN:

Had the same problem. Try Enfamil Nutramigen it worked WONDERS for my dd. It's predigested formula helps with reflux, digestion and super duper easy on their tummy. Gas and Constipation problems disapear. It's exspensive and WIC will only cover it with dr.note but it's totally worth the money. Buy a can and try it. I saw dramatic difference with my dd within 2 hours of using this formula. It's also used for colic which was also our problem.

rebeccasmommy09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I've used all of the above (gentlease, lipil, and lipil AR). They work great for my dd. I only use them as a supplement to bm but she had reflux for the first few months and these were the ones that didn't upset her tummy (I tried similac soy first which caused her a lot of pain, almost to the point where I wasn't even going to try another brand of formula, just somehow get enough bm pumped).  When I mentioned the problem to my pedi though she gave me some samples of Enfamil to try and thankfully they worked out great. :)

CafeMom Tickers

mom2ljh
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:51 PM

My son has awful reflux.  As an infant, he was on Nutramigen b/c he's also milk and soy intolerant.  We used Thick It to thicken up his formula to keep it from coming back up easily. 

Amanda ~ Mommy to my little miracle Landon Joel
born 6 weeks too soon~6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, verbal regression, and the coolest kid on the block.

Then                                           Now

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:14 PM

I have used pretty much every brand at some point in time. I used to think it made a diffrence, but if you are a milk based one switching does not make much difference. For my last dd I bought the large can from Sam's club same as the Walmart Parents Choice. Mostly gass is from air bubbles. Just try a second burping about 15 min after eating. Sometimes all the gas is not released on the forst burp. Gas drops also help a ton with making little air bubbles into one big bubble and then they don't have constant gas.

ColtonKeatonMom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:16 PM

My oldest was on AR to control spitting up....

My youngest was on Gentlease for gas.....

They both were 100% different (in a good way) after the switch....

1cmsiggy-3.jpg 4CM picture by fgmeda05

darbie2008
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:17 PM

we used ar  and it worked great ..but out doc wouldnt let us us both the ar and a refluz meds bc she said the conteracted each other and would make things worse

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)