Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the hardest thing i have had to do

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

I really need some advice and support. I jsut had to sign custody of my 2 month old daughter away. I am getting divorced my husband is going back to California in acouple of days and i have no where to stay. So since i had no money no car no place to stay I decided it would be better for her to be in a place where someone can give her what she needs. I love my daughter so much and i am planning on gettingon my feet so i can have her back but it is so heatbreaking to have to do this I really just need advice because i have no one here to help me and i am at a loss of what to do next. I want my daughter to have everyhting she needs and it really is killing me to know i cant give it to her. I just feel so low and so useless right now.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommytoG
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:23 PM

WOW! I couldnt do it. Have you checked with a local church or with the housing authority to help you out. What about working, do you have job? Your hubby could pay you child support and that would help you out some with the baby as well as WIC.

I really dont know what to say, sorry. I feel for you and cant imagine what you are going through.

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
aysialei2
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:27 PM

IM JUS WRITING ON WHAT I FEEL TRULY U R DOING SOMETHING THAT ALOT OF MOMS DONT U R GIVING UR BABYGIRL A CHANGE 2 HAVE A LIFE WHERE SHE HAS EVERYTHING SHE NEEDS AND AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME U CANT GIVE HER THAT SO I KNOW IT FEEL LIKE UR GOING 2 DIED OR U CANT STOP CRY BUT THINK ABOUT WHAT UR GIVING HER AND WHEN U GET BACK ON UR FEET THEY U CAN GET HER BACK BUT 4 RIGHT NOW U R PUTTING SOMEONE BEFORE U AND THAT SAYS ALOT ABOUT A PERSON HOPE U GET THOUGH THIS

youngmom33
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Did you give him full custody or did you sign your rights away? There is a huge difference there. Do you still get visitation? 

ms.hernandez
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Im so sorry your in this situation..but just cause your giving up your rights for the moment until you get back on your feet remember she is still your daughter..even if you cant provide for her right now...dont loose the touch of communication call every chance you get to see how shes doing you dont want her growing up thinking you werent there for her if it takes that long which hopefully it dont...good luck 

worwalkerlds
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:40 PM

You are going to have the hardest time getting your LO back.  The reason we have things like Social Services and places like the Salvation Army are for people just like you!!! Did you look into any of these things before you did this?  What about your husband?  Wow, I really have nothing to say other than you should have explored your options more than just giving up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)