Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husband just fell down the stairs with our 4 month old daughter!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:36 PM
  • 17 Replies

1st off, our stairs are carpeted & curve at the bottom.  i fell down them w/ her about 2.5 months ago & have had anxiety about it ever since.. especially when dh has her.  he is really tall & has big feet, and our stairs are kind of narrow.  whenever he takes her downstairs, i kind of hold my breath & listen.  so tonight he took her so i could nap for an hour.  so, like always, i held my breath and listened........ and it happened.  there was tumbling and he cried out.  i was there in a heartbeat!  dd started crying so hard, i thought she was hurt!  she's fine, just very shaken.  i took her back upstairs & had some skin-to-skin time with her.  dh has a massive red mark above his left butt cheek :(  i guess he stepped a little too far & his heel slipped.  he was going forward, but for natalie's sake, he forced himself backwards, making him slide down on his back.  he's such a good daddy!  it's such a weird feeling when something you are afraid of happening actually happens... know what i mean?  

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonlilly3492
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I am glad everyone is alright.

LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Could have been a lot worse. Thank God and your guardian angels that it wasn't.

The sin of the century is the loss of the sense of sin.  ~ Father Corapi

http://www.thecatholictreasurechest.com/corapi.htm

Army_Wife41
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:40 PM

And I know how you feel. I am so nervous about taking my son up and down stairs. I have no idea why, I am just super careful. I don't even let my husband do it lol. I have no idea why...it is one of those fears I have.

Quoting dragonlilly3492:

baby

CafeMom Tickers

natalies_mama
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:41 PM

i agree completely!  someone is looking out for this family :)

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Could have been a lot worse. Thank God and your guardian angels that it wasn't.

kissyfur29
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Yeah I did the same thing with our dd. I felt so bad she was scared but unharmed. I am glad you baby is ok and your hubby will live.

chrisbri
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:43 PM

same here we live on the second floor of the apartment so....im the same way

Quoting Army_Wife41:

And I know how you feel. I am so nervous about taking my son up and down stairs. I have no idea why, I am just super careful. I don't even let my husband do it lol. I have no idea why...it is one of those fears I have.

Quoting dragonlilly3492:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Our Little Brianna

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Army_Wife41
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Us too! lol. I have no idea what I am going to do when I have 2 infants LOL. I need a third hand :-(

Quoting chrisbri:

same here we live on the second floor of the apartment so....im the same way

Quoting Army_Wife41:

Quoting dragonlilly3492:

baby

CafeMom Tickers

kyco363
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Just wait until your daughter is older - everytime my son rolls out of bed (hardwood floors) I am afraid he is going to slip :( and everytime he climbs I try to hold him - but he's four - so he has to learn to do it himself.  Ahhhh... being a mom is scarry :) but hey, obviously your a good mom!!!! You made it through one of your first bump ups! GOOD JOB!

MamaEryn
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Phew!! I know how you feel. I live on the second floor and I have to go down exterior stairs to get to my car... not looking forward to doing that this winter with my 18 mos old son and being pregnant!

Quoting dragonlilly3492:

natalies_mama
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:49 PM

when i was little (2 or 3), i fell down very old, uncarpeted stairs..twice.  i literally did summersaults down them.. it hurt so bad, but i was ok.  unfortunately, my parents weren't watching me at all & my mom just kinda blew me off when i came to her crying.. :(  it's amazing that i even remember that, but i guess falling down stairs is a little traumatic when you're that young.  i'm sure your lo will be just fine :)  idk, but i bet ppl are more aware of the things they are afraid of.  so i bet you'll be watching him/her like a hawk :)

Quoting cuddlek:

yikes! This is what I'm a afraid of. We just purchased our first home and it has stairs. I'm terrified my crawling infant is gunna get through the babygate somehow and tumble down to the bottom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)