Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mothers w/ juvinile offender expirience.

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

I dont mean to offend anyone w/ the "offender" part, thats just thats what they are referred to in school.

OK, Im taking parole & probation in school & Im doing a term paper. I decided to do mine on the importance of aftercare for juviniles. Im looking hard for information, but everything on the Internet is so scattered its hard to find specifics. My Q is if anyone knows or is familiar w/ the different types of aftercare programs that are available, I know of drug abuse counseling, family therapy & of programs that help w/ education, But I'm At a total loss . does anyone know of anymore? & if yes could you point me in the direction of a good website w/ a good description of the service/ program?

Ide really appreciate it, thanks so much.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NiekaC
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 6:32 AM

Bump, anyting will help

momofne
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 6:43 AM

Well part of my sons probation was a community service program (he worked at the Salvation Army). You could check through them and see if they have any more info. You could also call the court house and speak to an actual probation officer.  I would think they could talk to you too and give you some info.

One of my gripes about the "system" was that my son was 17 when he was arrested (domestic violence/got in a fight with his father) and here in MI that is considered an adult so I was kept out of alot until. I finally complained to the probation officer (at first the wouldn't even let me come into the room with him when he first showed up for probation). Even though he's 17 he's still a child and I'm his mother so I shouldn't be kept out of things like that IMO.

NiekaC
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 7:46 AM

thank you, Ill  see if i could find a number for a PO in my area

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 9:00 AM

I think every state and province has there own type of juvinile offender programs. I also think it depends on the crime the juvinelle has commited on what there punishments are. Usally it is probation with community service. Signing into the police weekly,anger managment courses and the other ones you have mentioned. I just watched this show a little while ago on datline it was about one state. I really wish I could remember which one. That was trying a diffrent approch to trying to reform these juvinele offenders it was show them love and proper attention instead of the system most of the states and province use. Mabey go to the juvenile court building or probation office in your area they maybe able to give you more answers.GOOD LUCK.

iluvmy3bratboys
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 9:03 AM

can't help with the topic, but when you write your paper, make sure you spell JUVENILE correctly...   :  )

Photobucket
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)