Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!!! There's water all over my kitchen floor! This is urgent!!!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:50 PM
  • 14 Replies

We got back from trick or treating to find the kitchen floor full of water. I cleaned it up and it's already full again. It's coming from under the fridge and dh is in another state till Sunday! I'm pregnant and cant move the huge monster. Besides it's size it's wedged in really good, we had to scrape the side to squeeze it in.

I have a feeling it's the ice maker but have no clue how to turn it off.

Just an fyi, its a side by side with ice and water dispenser in the door.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristinas8
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Does anyone have a husband who might know what to do? 

CafeMom Tickers
ThePinkRobot
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Start by unplugging it 

mommy24736
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM

It may be the supply line for your ice maker.  You'll need to get your fridge out to check this though.  Maybe the valve that goes to the supply line.  It could just be the drip pan that is under your fridge.  You'll have to look under your fridge and see if it is full.  It may not be evaporating fast enough.  Good Luck!  I wish I could help you.  Do you have someone you can call?  Please don't try to move it on your own.

sweetmoonem
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Uh oh!

Do you own your home or do you have a landlord?  Or like a maintenance man?  If you do try calling them.  If not then try to have a neighbor help.  Goodness, I hope you get some help with this!

It's not the meaning of life. It's the feeling of life.
babies

I am a passionate, extended-rear-facing, therapeutic-music-listening, happily married, dog-loving, Galant-driving, husband-charming, formula-feeding, housework-doing, traveling, Facebook-blogging, Dr. Phil-watching, stay at home mama with morals and heart.
I am a formula-feeding, disposable-diapering, pro-life, extended-rear-facing, non-co-sleeping, vaccinating, pro-epidural, babyproofing, anti-SIDS-advocating, public-schooling momma to my beautiful and perfect son Miles, born 11-19-08!!!
momofne
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Look at your info that came with it. If you don't have one google it. This might help. Sounds like a it might be the ice maker line but that would be throught the back. If you can't move it (maybe ask a neighbor) the only thing I can think of is shutting off your main water (or see if there is a water shut off that goes to your fridge). Then just turn it on when needed. Hope this helped a bit : ) Good luck!

tiggerabba
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:14 PM

my fridge has an on/off switch for the ice maker in the freezer and the water supply is in the basement right under the fridge(and has a thing you turn to turn it on/off) good luck..........

milmiracle
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I would turn off the main for now.  Then maybe disconnect the suppy to the fridge.  IDK just a though.

gogetem
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Turn off thje main water like above stated.  Do you have a laundry room?  Water heater?  Look for a turn faucet around there.  Might be a red handle.  Maybe green.

cj1smommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:58 PM

okay this has nothing to do with the post but im really curious and confused????u went trick or treating already? i thought halloween was on the 31st.....and i thought that was everywhere???? im confused?!!! 

3boyz1princess
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Sounds like your line to the ice maker has come off or is pinched.  You need to shut off the main water or inside the freezer part lift the metal bar to stop the ice maker.  BTW..do you always trick or treat this early?

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)