Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you throw you children a birthday party every year??

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:13 PM
  • 34 Replies

Do you throw your child a birthday party every year?? Or do you do just family parties??

We do parties every year for our children and plan to continue to do so.  I LOVE celebrating my children's birthday. I think it is such a special day for them and want to try and make it as special as possible. This year for my son's 3rd birthday he had 2 parties (one is this Saturday and one was last weekend) and on his actual birthday we took him to Chuck E. Cheese.

So what do you do?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BossHog
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:15 PM

My son is only 2 but he has had parties sofar and plan on having parties for him every year.

3boyz1princess
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Yes we do..and let me tell you 3 or my 4 kids birthdays are all 1 week apart..july28th,aug4th,aug13th..Those 3 weeks get super expensive since 2 of them are teens.  My youngest is 2 days after mine. But I love having huge parties.  We do a family one and then a kid party for all kids

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

tiffanysgirls
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:28 PM

We just do one party ON their actual birthday and we invite family and whoever can make it. This year my daughter's golden birthday is on a Thursday so only our immediate family, grandma & grandpa, and maybe my sister can make it. But we are taking her to Chuck E. Cheese's and then a movie. 

Yes, birthdays are special and we never over look them.....but.....my kid's know I am glad they were born without me having to buy them a pony or have 5 days of parties. 

ARPsMom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:37 PM

My son is going to be 2 next week and he is having 3 parties. None of them are going to be really big. One with my family last week( they live in a diferent town and we went there for the weekend), one with the kids at church(the only kids he is around), and then cake and ice cream with his dads family. It was so hard for his 1st last year trying to get everyone together. Our families are pretty small so it just works this year. We are also taking him out to eat somewhere on his actual bday. I want his birthday to be special every year.

crazytexan
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Yes we give our 2 dd's parties every year. I never had a birthday party growing up so I want to make sure that they have good ones. 

CrystalDawn2506
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I do family parties with just some of my family, DD's first birthday was the biggest turn out she has had yet , and she just had her 3rd Birthday today and it was smaller turn out yet. It feels as though she isn't important but I try to make it special anyways. I see other fam members who are better off financially than I am get almost all my family extended and all I guess it shows that money does talk even with family. I can't have huge theme birthday parties with everything under the sun I am doing good with a cake and chips and dip and pizza . It also doesn't help that DD's parternal grandparents has wrote her off offically since their son ( DD's bio dad )never has wanted her in his life and has begged them not to be in hers as well cause of it hurting his feelings.So I feel super bad that DD is getting so rejected even this young frown mini

This yr's cake ( my little sister got this for DD )

Her Birthday present from Aunt Holly ( my lil sis )

She also got a early b-day present from my older sis a doll with a walker smile mini

Tomorrow I am getting her a little something and taking her to the towns safe treat for halloween and then a weanie roast / trunk or treat at a Church so I hope that makes up for it a bit , maybe she won't remember her birthday today but the day after big smile mini

motherslove82
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Each of my kids gets a party every year. They have one on their birthday that is just our family (presents from us and a small cake/cupcakes) and then a big one for family and friends on the nearest weekend. I feel like they only get one day a year that is totally theirs and they should get to enjoy it!

gio143
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 7:49 AM

I have thrown my oldest who turned 8 in sept a b-day evey yr we have friends and family about 50 ppl every yr and we usually do it in the park and get a jumpy house(we been doin the jumpy since he was 4) this yr we did it at the house and all and i mean all the neighborhood kids came cuz instead of a jumpy house i got one of the huge water slides i had to kick most of them ot when the party started cuz they werent invited but i did let them play on the slide be4 it started...i will only do a party till he is 10 ...my baby will be 1 in dec theres not much i can do then so i will have about 15 ppl at the house (family only) and have cake and pizza...I love celebrating too i actually plan for the next party a couple months after his last..lol

AngieMarie08
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 7:52 AM

my son is 2 1/2 so two birthdays so far. His first was family and friends at my mothers house, cake and lots of food, the kids just played with the toys we had, or outside. 2nd year same thing. This year (well in 6 more months...but he's already planning) he says he wants to go to Chuck E Cheese. We went for one of his friends birthdays right after my sons birthday and ever since then he says he wants his next birthday at Chuck E Cheese. Thats what we will do!

zavismom
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 8:51 AM

hahahaha love that last line! Awesome and sooo true

Thus far on his actual birthday my lil sister was here and we went to feed the duckies and made cupcakes and he had one but then we had a party on the weekend for family and friends but it was tooooo much honestly cuz our place is small and we had toooo many ppl (prob 40) sooo I think what we'll do is a small family thing this way they can actually interact with Zavier and then we'll do a friend thing with OUR friends which will eventually include HIS friends.

Quoting tiffanysgirls:

We just do one party ON their actual birthday and we invite family and whoever can make it. This year my daughter's golden birthday is on a Thursday so only our immediate family, grandma & grandpa, and maybe my sister can make it. But we are taking her to Chuck E. Cheese's and then a movie. 

Yes, birthdays are special and we never over look them.....but.....my kid's know I am glad they were born without me having to buy them a pony or have 5 days of parties. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)