Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car Seat Suggestion

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter is 9 months old and 20 pounds.  She has nearly outgrown her 22lb car seat and I need to find a replacement.  I was thinking by Christmas time we would have her in the next seat.  I would like to continue to rear-face, especially since she is not yet 1 years old.  I also plan on continuing to rear-face after that.  I just need some suggestions on a good convertible car seat.  As far as cost goes, we are looking for anything that is not above 400 dollars.   Thanks, ladies! 

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
UxorQuodMatris
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:59 AM

I would go with a Grace My Ride (RF to 40, FF to 65) or a True Fit, but I don't know the specs on that one.

autumnsmommy02
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Dpends on what you're looking for in a seat. I'd suggest visiting the Car seat Safety group and getting all the info on all of your options so you know you're getting a seat you're gonna love! :) 

There are so many options with so many different features that you might really like to compare before making a decision. The car seat safety group can help you decide which features will suite you best and which seat will work best, not just for your child's comfort and safety but convenience, cost, lifespan  and space available. As well as ease of installation and overall use.

Good Luck! :)

MaddiesMama09
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Quoting autumnsmommy02:

Dpends on what you're looking for in a seat. I'd suggest visiting the Car seat Safety group and getting all the info on all of your options so you know you're getting a seat you're gonna love! :) 

There are so many options with so many different features that you might really like to compare before making a decision. The car seat safety group can help you decide which features will suite you best and which seat will work best, not just for your child's comfort and safety but convenience, cost, lifespan  and space available. As well as ease of installation and overall use.

Thanks!  I didn't know there was such a group :)  That is very helpful.  I appreciate it. 

bellasmom32808
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I have a Cosco Scenera, which is about $30-$40 at Walmart. Here is a pic

Before anyone asks, she is buckled in, the bib is just covering the harness.

mommy1008
by Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM

We have a First Years True Fit and a MyRide65, We love both! They are costly but well worth it!

ShannieP
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:22 AM

The Myride will rear face till 40lbs and foward face to 65. This is what we are getting for our youngest (4 months) when tax time rolls around.  ITs about $150+

The True Fit rear faces to 35 and foward faces to 65. Its about $200

Quoting UxorQuodMatris:

I would go with a Grace My Ride (RF to 40, FF to 65) or a True Fit, but I don't know the specs on that one.

autumnsmommy02
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

Quoting autumnsmommy02:

Thanks!  I didn't know there was such a group :)  That is very helpful.  I appreciate it. 

Anytime! :)

lundaylove
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:19 PM

actually the regular true fit runs about 130-150 online the premmier series with anti rebound bar is a lil over 200. The ARB acts like a rear facing tether and adds extra stability and protection in an accident.
Id reccomend going with the True Fit for taller, skinnier kids, The Graco My Ride for those who are shorter who are heavier or any of the Sunshine Kids Radians. They are great seats for those who are tall and weigh more as they rear face to 40lbs (radian 65 and 80 and XT) and 45lbs (radian XTsl) those will run you anywhere between 180 and 230 depending on the model you get. The radians also have the Rear facing tether. (the only other car seat with this feature is Britax)
I have 2 True Fits and 1 SKR65 (35lbs RF limit) and i love them. At tax time ill be replacing the SKR65 with a SKR XTsl as i love the new weight limit as my son is a big boy (height and weight)

Quoting ShannieP:

The Myride will rear face till 40lbs and foward face to 65. This is what we are getting for our youngest (4 months) when tax time rolls around.  ITs about $150+

The True Fit rear faces to 35 and foward faces to 65. Its about $200

Quoting UxorQuodMatris:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)