Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant and want to lose fat!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:46 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm so sick of my body! I've been in denial for so long and haven't looked in the mirror at my body. Well, I did today. My behind is like cottage cheese! I've never been heavy or fat, and this is my 7th pregnancy and the heaviest I've ever been in my life and when I looked at it instead of wanting to go to the gym, I just want to EAT!!! Help!
CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BaileynMe
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Yeah, me too, and I'm not even pregnant! I hate my body! And thinking about it makes me want to eat my way through the fat-induced depression, lol. 

I've started doing little things. Crunches might not be comfortable for you to do, but you can do leg lifts and maybe even a few girly pushups (put your knees on the ground.) You could also make sure your fridge/pantry is stocked with healthy snacks. I've started buying bunches of celery, cutting them into sticks, and putting them in tupperware containers with water. Celery doesn't have many calories and makes for a great snack food, since it's got crunch and substance. It helps satisfy those urges to eat when you don't really need to. 

Take up a hobby! I'm an amateur photographer and like to spend time taking pictures. I'm not great at editing, but it's fun to play, and passes the time I'd spend eating. It also gets me outside. 

kristinas8
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Quoting BaileynMe:

Yeah, me too, and I'm not even pregnant! I hate my body! And thinking about it makes me want to eat my way through the fat-induced depression, lol. 

I've started doing little things. Crunches might not be comfortable for you to do, but you can do leg lifts and maybe even a few girly pushups (put your knees on the ground.) You could also make sure your fridge/pantry is stocked with healthy snacks. I've started buying bunches of celery, cutting them into sticks, and putting them in tupperware containers with water. Celery doesn't have many calories and makes for a great snack food, since it's got crunch and substance. It helps satisfy those urges to eat when you don't really need to. 

Take up a hobby! I'm an amateur photographer and like to spend time taking pictures. I'm not great at editing, but it's fun to play, and passes the time I'd spend eating. It also gets me outside. 

Great ideas, but I can't eat celery without penut butter, not sure how much that would help. lol

And I love photography too, but due to an irresponsible 14 yr old in my home we've lost 2 cameras in 6 months. So, its just my cell phone and the reg. cameras that take film. They're good cameras, but on a tight budget it's hard to buy that much film and then it sometimes takes me years to develop it. Ugh!

CafeMom Tickers
BaileynMe
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:54 AM

My mother goes on what she calls "the crochet diet", lol. If she's crocheting, her hands are too busy to hold food or snack. She lost like 10 lbs before she lost interest in that craft, which is my mom, lol. She'll do a craft for several weeks and then lose interest and do something else. BUT, crocheting and knitting do require both hands and keep you from snacking. 

kristinas8
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Quoting BaileynMe:

My mother goes on what she calls "the crochet diet", lol. If she's crocheting, her hands are too busy to hold food or snack. She lost like 10 lbs before she lost interest in that craft, which is my mom, lol. She'll do a craft for several weeks and then lose interest and do something else. BUT, crocheting and knitting do require both hands and keep you from snacking. 

Thanks for the remider, I haven't done a latch hook kit in a while. LOL I love those.

CafeMom Tickers
lundaylove
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Quoting kristinas8:

Quoting BaileynMe:

Great ideas, but I can't eat celery without penut butter, not sure how much that would help. lol

And I love photography too, but due to an irresponsible 14 yr old in my home we've lost 2 cameras in 6 months. So, its just my cell phone and the reg. cameras that take film. They're good cameras, but on a tight budget it's hard to buy that much film and then it sometimes takes me years to develop it. Ugh!

peanut butter in small doses is actually good for you. it has a lot of protien and the carbs that will keep your sugar levels even but still be good for you. Its a great snack if paired with celery. So dont feel bad when eating that.
But dont worry about your weight, you are pregnant, each pregnancy is different, youll gain weight in different places with each pregnancy and you cant really help but gain. Eating healthier snacks and doing light exercises like walking will help you stay somewhat slim (as much as pregnancy allows)

BaileynMe
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Quoting lundaylove:

Quoting kristinas8:

Quoting BaileynMe:

peanut butter in small doses is actually good for you. it has a lot of protien and the carbs that will keep your sugar levels even but still be good for you. Its a great snack if paired with celery. So dont feel bad when eating that.
But dont worry about your weight, you are pregnant, each pregnancy is different, youll gain weight in different places with each pregnancy and you cant really help but gain. Eating healthier snacks and doing light exercises like walking will help you stay somewhat slim (as much as pregnancy allows)

Peanut butter also helps you feel fuller, because of the protein. I think a serving is 2 tbs, but really, you probably only put around 1/2 tbs on a stick of celery (at least the size i cut them to.) 

That's better than me. For the longest time i couldn't eat them without pineapple cream cheese! I've finally gotten to the point where I can eat them plain, though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)