Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sick son, need advice

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

hi my son is sick ,he has a bad cough and last night it was pretty bad, he coughed until he puked twice. i thought it may be his asthma so i gave him a nebulizer treatment but he kept coughing. today he woke up with a fever and daddy just texted me saying his fever is at 102 (im at work) he gave him motrin and i am trying to call the dr but the line is busy. i think his symptoms sound like h1n1 but i may be just paranoid. my brother did have it but i stayed away form my moms house for 2 weeks after he was dianosed. my question is should i just calm down and call the dr office later when the phones might not be so busy or take him to the er? any advice or input would help thanks.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ThePinkRobot
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:50 AM

He def does not need emergency treatment if he's just coughing and 102 temp.  Personally I would just hold off on calling the doctor also, unless it worsens. 

jessiet143
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Quoting ThePinkRobot:

He def does not need emergency treatment if he's just coughing and 102 temp.  Personally I would just hold off on calling the doctor also, unless it worsens. 

really? oh ok thanks that makes me a feel better, i am at work so i am not seeing him first hand, but he is not complaining, only when he coughs.

SamanthaLarae
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I say keep trying the doctor's office, and in the meantime hopefully the motrin will bring the fever down. If the fever won't go down and his doc can't see him, or you can't get through that's when I would go to the ER. Good luck!

ThePinkRobot
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Quoting jessiet143:

Quoting ThePinkRobot:

really? oh ok thanks that makes me a feel better, i am at work so i am not seeing him first hand, but he is not complaining, only when he coughs.

Yeah.  Of course there's no harm in calling the doctor but you don't need to panic if you can't get ahold of him right away!

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Sounds like the flu.  You can get tamiflu if its 24-48 hours from onset of symptoms. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)