Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Red Wine??

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok. I'm 37 weeks and 1 day with my second boy. This baby is already weighing on at about 8-8.5lbs and is expected to be 9lbs by the end of this week. My doc refuses to let me have this baby until i am 39 weeks. So at 39 weeks my baby will be 9.5 lbs! Im very petite and i am 5' 2". My first baby was was born at 35 wks and weighed 7lb 2oz, and i almost had to get a c/s, they had to give me an episiotomy and use forceps.

Well i dont want a c/s, selfish, i know. But i am terrified.

**My doc says my baby boy is fully developed and looks excellent. He said his lungs look perfectly developed.

I heard that you can drink red wine to induce yourself. I have had 4 friends tell me that it worked for them.

So my questions are:

Did it work for you?

How much (in ounces) did you have to drink?

I'm desperate to get this baby out of me!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momof6nokc
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Lung maturity can't be seen with an ultrasound, it must be tested via amniocentesis. 

Premature boys tend to do worse than premature girls.  Caucasian boys do worst of all, thus known as "wimpy white boys" in the NICU.

I've never heard of red wine being a labor inducer...just walking, sex, mexican food and cod liver oil.

Best of luck with your new baby!

Kathy

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

*Thomas Jefferson*

ingrid198
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:29 AM

im not sure how much you should drink to induce but i think you can only really drink a glass of wine at a time. who knows it may work. other tricks for getting him out would be to walk or sex. hope one of them helps. and congrats on baby #2!

squidsmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:34 AM

I'm 37 weeks and 3 days. I walked ALL weekend. His head is engaged, I'm 1-2 cm dilated, he's big and still nothing. I think walking is an old wives tale.

OP, don't know what to tell you, if you find out though, please share. I am desperate to get this boy out of me, too. Everyone tells me to have sex and I want to bash those people in the head. There's no room for this baby, much less a penis. I would try nipple stimulation if I were you.

Quoting ingrid198:

im not sure how much you should drink to induce but i think you can only really drink a glass of wine at a time. who knows it may work. other tricks for getting him out would be to walk or sex. hope one of them helps. and congrats on baby #2!

Miss_Melissa_
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:37 AM

lmao. At this point, sex is physically impossible, not to mention unwanted. I walked all weekend as well, and to no avail, lol. NOTHING HAPPENED! He didn't even drop!!

Quoting squidsmommy:

I'm 37 weeks and 3 days. I walked ALL weekend. His head is engaged, I'm 1-2 cm dilated, he's big and still nothing. I think walking is an old wives tale.

OP, don't know what to tell you, if you find out though, please share. I am desperate to get this boy out of me, too. Everyone tells me to have sex and I want to bash those people in the head. There's no room for this baby, much less a penis. I would try nipple stimulation if I were you.

Quoting ingrid198:

momof6nokc
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I forgot about that one!  I heard that works as well!!!!

Quoting squidsmommy:

Kathy

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

*Thomas Jefferson*

Miss_Melissa_
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM

i guess i better get to stimulating those nipples, lol.

I hope i can get myself to go into labor soon, im so big and uncomfortable, not to mention the fact i have an irratable/aggravated uterus, so im always in pain. I really need to get this baby out of me!! lol

squidsmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:07 PM

This picture was taken 2 weeks ago and it actually makes me look small. My SO's xl t-shirts don't even fit me anymore. I know how you're feeling. My baby has dropped, engaged, I'm dilating and nothing. It drives me crazy that there are no actual signs of labor until you're in labor. I'm so big that I can't get any housework done because my belly gets in the way. I have to stand about 6-8 inches away from the sink to do dishes and then my back hurts. I can't pick things up off the floor because I can't reach the floor and yesterday I thought my knees were going to give out. I weigh 30 pounds more than I did at my top weight with my daughter and I had gained almost 60 pounds with her. My feet hurt constantly, my back hurts, I have cramps all the time, braxton hicks ALL the time, you get the point. I can at least sympathize with what you're going through. People will tell you that when he's ready, he'll come and your body needs to be ready, too. I know I'm ready, I don't know what the hold up is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)