Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you got pregnant by accident...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: If you got pregnant by accident, which of these birth control methods were you using?

Options:

I was on the pill, but missed a day/it didn't work/etc

Another BC (Nuva ring/mirena/etc)

The "pull out" method

None -I just wasn't thinking.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

Curious.  :) 

SAHMommy to Maddox James '06, Kingston Edward '07,                                                                    & Paris Abigail '09Marrying their Daddy 7*24*10.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mbrackett
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I can't really answer the Poll, because, I was on the Pill the first time, and then continued to take it for the first 5 months of my pregnancy because I did not know.  I took it everyday at the same time.  My second Pregnancy I was on the Patch, and I wore it 6 months into the pregnancy, again, until I found out I was pregnant.  Then my 3rd Birth Control, my DH got a vasectomy, so now for 5 years it has worked lol

fairysurreale
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM

The Pill and it didn't work.  When I asked my Dr, he said my body had gotten used to it and it quit working.  That was nice to know...after the fact. 

Nenasam
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I was on the pills, the one that call 24 something.. and i didn't found out that I am expected till I was 6 weeks.. so I stopped taking birth control pills when we found out ..

BaileynMe
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:57 AM

We were using the pull out method. Yes, i know, least effective form of bc, but any hormonal bc has always made me crazy, so we stick to pull out and condoms. That night was just one of those incredible sex nights and I thought i was still ok for him NOT to pull out (we base it roughly around when I'm supposed to be fertile) and voila! 9 months later there was Bailey. :-) 

miss_hughes
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:03 PM

wasnt thinking/was stupid

reelo
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:05 PM

With our youngest we were using some inserts and we got to be in that 2-4% they don't work on. 

callalily417
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I had just stopped bc. I only took it to clear up my skin for my wedding. About a week after the wedding, I guess I got pregnant. =D We were so surprised and happy. We've been together for over nine years and there has never been any "accidents." He was getting worried his "equipment" didn't work. hahaha

Pregnancy ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)