Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is being a parent so hard on some and so easy on others?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

I don't understand some people make it look so easy and no big deal but to me is hard as hell. My pregnancy was morning sickness the whole 9 months. Only with some pills did it calm down. I even threw up while giving birth. My daughter is born, at 11 months her first febrile convulsion then after that 2 more at 2 years old. MRI, EEG and 3 visits to the hospital over night she is fine thanks God. Now she  suffers from constipation and has had some blood on her stool. Her pedi told me to change her diet but today she had some on some mucus and I started to cry like crazy. I don't want to take her to the pedi if is not necessary but is so hard. Why some moms have a great pregnancy their kids never get sick and they live happily ever after. While some of us basically live with meds in our hands. AHHHHHHHH

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Shaunalynn
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:40 PM

We all have our own parenting issues to deal with. Some are more noticable than others.

Personality plays a big role, too.

Life isn't fair or equal. It's just the way the world operates. There are ways to make it easier.

I wouldn't stress too much about a tiny little bit of blood. It's most likely that her sinus cavity is just irritated.

mamakenzi

Because that's just life, some people just get it better then others.  I'm sorry you are having a difficult time.  Just try to stay positive.

Kenzie

happy halloweenfalling_leaveswitch

livewell

(((hugs))) so sorry you are having such a hard time...but don't forget, when you are looking at other people you are only seeing a tiny sliver of their lives...you don't know what the rest of it is like.

Changing your shopping habits can put more food on your table. Ask me how.

JADIEBUG
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Agreed. Be thankful for what you DO have and stop being concerned about what you DON'T.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Because that's just life, some people just get it better then others.  I'm sorry you are having a difficult time.  Just try to stay positive.

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM

((hugs)) Sorry you're havig a hard time. I have three kids, all of which are special needs. I have 2 children with a genetic disorder, one of which has ADHD and possible SPD, another child with developmental delays and another child with a speech delay.

I've felt the same way as you, why other parents don't have the challenges that we have to face on a daily basis. But, I think that we're stronger parents because of the things we've had to face. And like the others have mentioned, try to stay positive. Although we've had some challenges, I'm grateful that for the most part, my children are happy and healthy. I'm so blessed to have them in my life.

I know it's frustrating though ((hugs))

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Have you had her tested for food allergies, including Celiac Diease?

http://www.celiac.org/cd-symptoms.php

For 3 years my daughter had bowel issues, constipation (like your DD) and then diarreaha, it took 3.5 years to final normalize her bowels.

She is allergic to Eggs, Diary, Wheat and has a Gluten Intolerance. (Her celiac tests came back inconclusive, so that is what we are calling it for now) either way she is off Gluten completely.

I hope this helps.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I am a Non-Baby Wearing, Formula Feeding, CIO, Circumcising, Organic Eating for Food Allergies, Atheist who is a Caring, Loving and Nurturing SAHM, Wife and College Student.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)