Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Switching to table foods?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son is showing so many signs he is ready for table foods.  He can eat them he eats toddler snacks and want to eat everything my husband and I are eating and I do share with him and he is eating like a champ.  And when it is his meal time he is always turning his head away from the baby food.  Even stage 3 isn't enough for him anymore.  He eats that like its stage 1.  What I'm want to ask is how do I transition him to table food for his regular meals and not just for his snacks.  And what types of foods will be good for him.  I want to make sure he gets all the nutrition he needs and is satisfied with the amt we give him.  Please any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ballewal
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Soft fruits and vegetables, soft cheese, small pieces of meat, small pieces of cereal (like cheerios) are good to start with. Just dump some on his tray at mealtime and see what happens. He won't be coordinated enough at the beginning to eat much so you'll have to help. 

cmtjenn
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:22 PM

dont make me bump my own post

luvbeingmama
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM

my baby is 7 months old and she refuses the baby food too.  All she wants is table food.  Your baby should get all the nutrition he needs from his formula or breastmilk...just stop the baby food and give him table food at meal times.  

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:33 PM

My baby who is now 15 months old at about 8 months old wanted to eat just table food.  We gave her soft foods at first, but then she was happy eating what we eat, just cut up.  A couple of weeks ago she took a sushi roll off of my plate, tore it up and ate it, even the seaweed.  She only has 3 teeth, and yet eats everything under the sun.   

Nenasam
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM

As for lunch and dinner, whatever you have such as : chicken ( cut them in to small piece) pasta ( make sure it really soft) noddle ( make it short lol), my baby is 12 months old the only baby food that he eat is mac and chess or the prune sauce.. rather then that He eats table food.. I give him frozen veggie ( corn, carrot) it's really small, he can feeds himself with that.. I still give him formula, she that would be enuf nutrition for him..

Nena

cmtjenn
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM

first off i would like to thank the few that did reply.  thank you very much. 

next i would like to ask why is it when I have a real question noone can be helpfull.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)